Drive shaft.

2006LJUnlimited

I have broke the drive shaft on my 06 TJ unlimited. It was the factory slip yoke. I have been trying to find a replacement but everything I find requires me to spend the additional 300 some dollars on a Slip Yoke Eliminator. Can someone please enlighten me as to why I cannot purchase the original replacement drive shaft. I know that there where issues when lifted but mine has been there since 2006 and just now has fail. And I don't want to spend the extra money if I don't have to.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have broke the drive shaft on my 06 TJ unlimited. It was the factory slip yoke. I have been trying to find a replacement but everything I find requires me to spend the additional 300 some dollars on a Slip Yoke Eliminator. Can someone please enlighten me as to why I cannot purchase the original replacement drive shaft. I know that there where issues when lifted but mine has been there since 2006 and just now has fail. And I don't want to spend the extra money if I don't have to.

I honestly don't know much about tj's but I do know that it is highly recommended that when you lift your tj that you do a slip yoke eliminator. I wish I knew more outside of that to be able to help you.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Look for a driveline shop in your area. They should be able to help you out. Depending on what broke, they might even be able to work with what you've got.

holliewood61

Try a junk yard or pick a part. You should be able to find a factory shaft. Slap in some new u-joints and you're good to go.

Top Bottom