Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeep JK Wrangler Front Axle Shaft Removal & Replacement Write-Up + VIDEO

Is that a Wayalife work shirt you have on?

Very cool video! Out of curiosity how many miles did you get out of your factory shafts? I think I remember reading that one shaft broke but those looked like factory ones in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker151 View Post
    Is that a Wayalife work shirt you have on?
    Yup, that'd be my work shirt

Quote Originally Posted by CJW View Post
    Very cool video! Out of curiosity how many miles did you get out of your factory shafts? I think I remember reading that one shaft broke but those looked like factory ones in the video.
    The driver side (typical) went out real quick but surprisingly, the passenger side has lasted over 85,000 miles and I still plan on keeping it as a spare

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    The driver side (typical) went out real quick but surprisingly, the passenger side has lasted over 85,000 miles and I still plan on keeping it as a spare
    Wow that's awesome! Ive always wondered what you could get out of them (granted having to check those clips all the time). I'm running stock ones as well and have been waiting for a break before upgrading. Glad to see i could potentially go a very long time. I also like that zerk design of those new joints to get all the caps greased individually.

Quote Originally Posted by CJW View Post
    Wow that's awesome! Ive always wondered what you could get out of them (granted having to check those clips all the time). I'm running stock ones as well and have been waiting for a break before upgrading. Glad to see i could potentially go a very long time. I also like that zerk design of those new joints to get all the caps greased individually.
    Oh yeah, with the exception of the c-clips factory shafts use, I have always found them to be surprisingly strong. It is in part because of this that I find something like RCV's to be totally unnecessary.

As far as u-joints go, I won't lie and tell you that I'm usually NOT a fan of greasable ones unless they're something like CTM's as they're typically not as strong. That being said, I do like testing out new products and hope these new X-Joints will hold out. Of course, you can be sure that I will let you know one way or the other

Jeep JK Wrangler Front Axle Shaft Removal & Replacement Write-Up + VIDEO

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    That being said, I do like testing out new products and hope these new X-Joints will hold out. Of course, you can be sure that I will let you know one way or the other
    I look forward to seeing what you have to say about them. I prefer strength/reliability over ease of maintenance but it sure would be nice to have something like these instead! Thanks for the info!

Thanks for the great video and write up. You make it look easy.

By the looks of this video the unit bearings are easy to replace or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Joker151 View Post
    By the looks of this video the unit bearings are easy to replace or am I missing something?
    Not missing a thing, it really is that easy. Here is a write-up I did for it a while back.

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?1...ement-Write-Up

Thank you, now I feel silly because I paid someone to change them on my TJ.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast