Mysterious Passenger Side Leak

jkjurny

Hi Guys,

We just came back from a fun time in Lake Tahoe; however, when I got home, we noticed that the whole passenger side bucket was soaked! I really don't know when it could've happened. It's possible that it happened in the heavy rain this last week. Any hints on where to look? We were in the Jeep all weekend, but literally just noticed this situation now. Just wondering if there is a known culprit I can look for. Thanks!

jkjurny

Also, if it did happen earlier this week, that water would've frozen over last night in Lake Tahoe, so I'm thinking that it did happen sometime between last night and today. It was pretty warm to the touch also.

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Are you sure it isn't the top? Heater core sounds plausible for sure, but just checking basics first. Hard or soft top?

Evil

Warm water on the floor in cold weather sounds like a HC issue. If it were coming through the top you would have a frozen person, seat, or something not right.

WJCO

Meme King
From my experience, MOST water leaks into the cab are from a recently replaced windshield done incorrectly. Have you had the windshield replaced recently?

jkjurny

From my experience, MOST water leaks into the cab are from a recently replaced windshield done incorrectly. Have you had the windshield replaced recently?

I did last year, but have gone through several storms already.

jkjurny

Are you sure it isn't the top? Heater core sounds plausible for sure, but just checking basics first. Hard or soft top?

It's a hard top. It rained pretty hard here since Thanksgiving, and this is the first time I've noticed this water.

james2003w

It's a hard top. It rained pretty hard here since Thanksgiving, and this is the first time I've noticed this water.

Well if it was warm water, from my understanding rain isn't warm so probably the heater core. (But I'm just a newbie).

Otherwise, I had an issue with the "screw" thingy for the freedom top coming loose while wheeling and breaking the seal allowing water to leak in down onto the seat. Check your door seal and make sure there are no voids. I know there's a JK Water Leak PDF file out there for the public. You can always spray your rig down with the garden hose and play find the leak.

jkjurny

Thanks for the help everyone. Took the Jeep to the dealership. They found a bad seal and will fix it with me paying a $100 copayment since my warranty just expired in August.

Top Bottom