F-U Pinterest

holliewood61

I'd like to find the person who developed pinterest and punch them right in the mouth. My wife has a list as long as my arm of shit for me to do off that damn site. Tonight it's a pallet shelf. We throw pallets away at work, I don't want them in my house.

I've already had to do a dining room table. That was a pain in the dick.

I've also had to do a coffee table. I was so over that by the time I finished that I didn't even take a picture.

Next on her list is to slice a door in half and make a corner shelf. I can't wait.

Rant off.

Last edited:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Building things is like therapy for me so I guess I'm in luck. I don't mind the Pinterest ideas. Makes it much easier when someone's already done measurements and compiled cut lists.

thardy

Banned
Building things is like therapy for me so I guess I'm in luck. I don't mind the Pinterest ideas. Makes it much easier when someone's already done measurements and compiled cut lists.

This is true. I don't mind the projects as much as I can't stand the party ideas for the kids and for the holidays.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Grow a set of nuts and tell her for every house mod you get a jeep mod!:yup:

Ok...I'm still working on that, BUT I have built a headboard and some tables myself. I like your table.:thumb:

Rubicon john

That's hilarious. I'm in the same boat. I've built a headboard, bookshelves, and planter boxes all for my wife when she gets these ideas from Pinterest.

holliewood61

Ok...I'm still working on that, BUT I have built a headboard and some tables myself. I like your table.:thumb:

I buy jeep mods when I damn well please. I go work my ass off every night making roof bolts so we can have nice things. It kind of defeats that to cut up other people's trash and put it in our house. I'd much rather sit out in the garage drinking good beer and pretending to work than actually working on this stuff.

WJCO

Meme King
If I had to guess, I'd say you're not married.

Lol. Well-married here. I choose my battles wisely and understand where you're coming from. With that being said, I do speak my mind in the relationship when needed as does she, and we both compromise when needed.

Marauder

My wife makes her own pinterest projects because she doesnt want me to tweak them or add my input. She asks me to teach her how to use the tools that I have and sometimes we don't have the "right" tool. Bottom line is I get to buy more tools with her blessing to "help" with her projects.

bonedaddy

yes we see pallets one the side of the road or in a parking lot and my wife is always like "oh we need to remember to come back" ... we never do... ;)

My wife want's to so a pallet wall in our living room... we have vaulted ceilings... that's a shit load of pallets...

I have to laugh at this one.. never did understand the grow some balls / don't be a pussy..( balls are very sensitive wouldn't want to get hit there.. and a pussy can take a pounding.) LOL
just my :twocents:

Ddays

Hooked
LOL - I hate that goddam site! My wife wants friggin barn doors for the closets & laundry room.
If I would have suggested we put those in our house when we first built it she'd have kicked me in the nuts!
But, oh wait! Its on Pinterest so its really cool now...

Sounds like we need a Pinterest build thread! Kinda faggy but what the hell...

Top Bottom