How do we do a poll - Front plastic skid on or off

Air dam ON or OFF?

• Air Dam ON

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Air Dam OFF

Votes: 21 77.8%

• Total voters

Pastor Scott

Been debating removing that plastic diaper skid thingy on front of my Jeep. Yes I know it saves gas hood flutter and grants you good luck but who really has it on and who has it off and what were the real pros and cons

just wondering-- looking at the Skid Row replacement plate

P Scott

thardy

Banned
Pretty sure there's a thread or two out there asking this question, but yeah, mine was off week 1 and never looked back.

Nick Zambo

I never noticed any improvement with it on versus it off. I do know it's great for carrying around debris after running on the trails.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Been debating removing that plastic diaper skid thingy on front of my Jeep. Yes I know it saves gas hood flutter and grants you good luck but who really has it on and who has it off and what were the real pros and cons

just wondering-- looking at the Skid Row replacement plate

P Scott

I added a poll for you at the top of this thread. :yup::clap2: They are fairly easy to setup. :rock:

CCTX50

I lost mine on the trail and one of my buddies picked it up and brought it back to me. I took it off the trail and placed it in the dumpster. I have Drake Hood Latches so no issues with hood flutter. Mileage? ... Well it is a Jeep.

Tylerself17

I've lost them on both of my JK's I've owned, first one was sitting at the bottom of a mud hole for a good 6 months until I found it, laughed alittle, then tossed it, second one made it all the way to the first wheeling trip and was eaten by the rocks! Overall I think they're just an ugly addition designed to grab dirt and rocks

Wardell

Yours is plastic? :p

I'm leaving mine on, but I have a Rubicon X that came stock with a steel air dam that doubles as a skid plate. If it was the normal plastic air dam, I probably wouldn't bother doing anything with it unless I was installing an aftermarket bumper and had to take it off, or it got ripped off on the trail. And if it did get ripped off, I guess that's a good enough reason for it to stay off.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Mine is off too! I was amazed at how much garbage was on top of it when I took it off!

Benito

Caught the Bug
Remove it, and the stupid bar that is only there to anchor it. A few aftermarket bumpers require you to remove it anyway.

Top Bottom