Smiley Rock - 1/17

Arizona

(This run has changed to the 17th)
Hey Guys and Gals,
We're planning a trip to wheel Smiley Rock on the 17th of January. The trail is located west of Jerome and usually takes about 3 1/2 - 4 hours, so if you're headed from anywhere but up North, Plan for a full day! Who's in?! :brows:

Trip details-
We will be meeting at the Chevron/McDonalds off the i17 and Carefree highway at 7-7:15 AM and leaving there, headed north, by 7:30. We will take the i17 to the 69 to the 89 and meet up with Firecrew1 & Rex at the safeway parking lot in Chino Valley. There is a gas station in the parking lot to top off. We will then head to the trail from Chino Valley.

FYI - There is a good amount of snow on Mingus mnt right now, so depending on weather this week, we might be pulling line near the top. Bring your recovery gear.

Confirmed:
-Arizona
-OffRoadAZBillDoes
-Dchansen21
-TheFunSmith
-Firecrew1
-Rex
-Jkguy14

Last edited:

Jkguy14

LOSER
I'm coming from east mesa... need to change some plans to make it out there. Since will be a ways out.. any trails in sedona we could do... broken arrow.. soldiers pass.. ect... figured if I'm heading that far why not do more than one trail...

firecrew1

there are options in sedona, smiley is alot of fun. there is also smasher canyon in the relative area which in some cases has lived up to its name

firecrew1

Is there required gear? Lift?

for this trail, it can be done stock, if you avoid some areas of the creek bed.(there are bypasses) if you run the full creek i would say

-recovery points
-33 min 2 door
-35 min 4 door (can be done stock height and wheels just avoiding some of the creek)
-rock sliders
-recovery gear

heads up it has been snowing here for the last two days, and its a good possibility the trail will have snow/ice in some parts

should be a fun day

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I wish I was home to make this one but I'm in Dubai on my way back to work. Smiley Rock and Mingus Mountain in general is gorgeous and awesome in the snow.

firecrew1

I wish I was home to make this one but I'm in Dubai on my way back to work. Smiley Rock and Mingus Mountain in general is gorgeous and awesome in the snow.

when you get back, we can run this and more. ill have my prorocks in in the next week or so

Arizona

Hey everyone, this run has changed to Sunday the 17th. Please let me know if you can make it so we can secure you on the confirmed list

Top Bottom