Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to Name a Jeep

How to Name a Jeep

So I have been looking through the forums and noticed almost everyone has a name for there jeep. So I was wondering what made you choose that name for your jeep.

Don't force it. It will come to you someday.
    '08 JKUR 6.0LS, 6L80
    EVO DTD, Evolever w/ Hi Clearance long arms
    40x13.50R17 Nitto TGs w/ KMC Machettes
    Dana 60, Sterling 10.5
    EVO stuff
    Evo Pro & Warn Zeon
    Evo Tire Carrier

Something that you really like or something pertaining to it. Like mine, I love the A10 warthog jets, and love the tenacity of an actual warthog, that's how mine was named Warthog. Music, movies, guns, hobbies, anything can be an inspiration.

What things do you like, maybe we can give you some suggestions.

oh I have ideas, I was just wondering what other people considered when naming theirs.

I found out recently how important it is to name your Jeep; any Jeep not just the Wrangler. My daughters named my Jeep Eugene after the original Eugene the Jeep from the Popeye cartoons. I bought them some classic cartoon dvds and explained the connection when they saw Jeep for the first time. So they picked Eugene because like the cartoon, he is weird looking but can go anywhere. Also, when we got the wife her 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk it became the T.A.R.D.I.S. My youngest is a huge Dr. Who nut. Anyway, when my wife's best friend decided to get a Cherokee also (4 cylinder, front wheel drive only) she never gave it a name. Now after 3 transmissions later they finally declared it a lemon and they are buying it back. I've always named my Jeeps, (XJs, TJs, JK, and now the KL) and I have never had any major issues.

Here are some pictures of Eugene and The TARDIS.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dillard09 View Post
    Don't force it. It will come to you someday.
    Exactly! In the past I have referred to most of my vehicles as "she". However, my Willys Wheeler just seemed to me to be a "he" and therefore, I chose Willis.ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452026872.299273.jpg
    2015 JKUS - Hers
    2016 JKWW - His
    Previous - 94 YJ, 95 YJS, 95 YJ Sahara, 08 JKX

-
    My 4yo son named mine.

Quote Originally Posted by MedixJK View Post
    My 4yo son named mine.
    Same here- My 4YO Twins named it "OLAF" after the snowman from Frozen. =)

-
    Quote Originally Posted by MedixJK View Post
    My 4yo son named mine.
    Shoulda added that he named it "Wampa", after the hoth snow creature in star wars.

Fresh Catch
    I'm in the same boat. Want to name my Jeep but the right name just hasn't come to me yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast