How to Name a Jeep

Bleached

So I have been looking through the forums and noticed almost everyone has a name for there jeep. So I was wondering what made you choose that name for your jeep.

reelsilly

Something that you really like or something pertaining to it. Like mine, I love the A10 warthog jets, and love the tenacity of an actual warthog, that's how mine was named Warthog. Music, movies, guns, hobbies, anything can be an inspiration.

What things do you like, maybe we can give you some suggestions.

groovebus

I found out recently how important it is to name your Jeep; any Jeep not just the Wrangler. My daughters named my Jeep Eugene after the original Eugene the Jeep from the Popeye cartoons. I bought them some classic cartoon dvds and explained the connection when they saw Jeep for the first time. So they picked Eugene because like the cartoon, he is weird looking but can go anywhere. Also, when we got the wife her 2016 Cherokee Trailhawk it became the T.A.R.D.I.S. My youngest is a huge Dr. Who nut. Anyway, when my wife's best friend decided to get a Cherokee also (4 cylinder, front wheel drive only) she never gave it a name. Now after 3 transmissions later they finally declared it a lemon and they are buying it back. I've always named my Jeeps, (XJs, TJs, JK, and now the KL) and I have never had any major issues. :)

Here are some pictures of Eugene and The TARDIS.

Attachments

• 20150901_185718.jpg
    20150901_185718.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 230
  • BestopNX2.jpg
    BestopNX2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 229

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
Post a pic of your jeep. For mine I named Clifford because it's big and red aha. I even have a mascot Clifford bobble head in my jeep haha.

NCXJ

Mine is Gerald because I nick named the squeak my air conditioner makes when I first turn it on Gerald the field mouse and it just stuck.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
My Jeep got its name from everyone telling me it looked like a "Tank." Fitting because its also one of my (many) nicknames :rolleyes2::doh:

Top Bottom