Another Another Lift Question. Yes Another

Cbach1987

Ok so this is my first post on this forum, so as such I hope I do not get flamed for asking something stupid.

Little back story, I got my 2015 JKUR back in May and I am loving it. I am looking to run 37's (yes I realize all the requirements and cost it takes). I have done lots of research, and I really like the Metalcloak JK Wrangler Game-Changer 3.5" Suspension. I just can not seem to come to a conclusion on shocks. I have always like the Fox 2.5 res shocks (the Teraflex tuned ones) and Metalcloak offers a no shock option.

My question is, would anyone see any problems with running those Fox shocks on that Metalcloak lift? should I just stick with one of their options?

Hopefully I gave enough info and did not ask anything stupid haha.

Also it is my DD but I am hoping that building it up I will eventually be taking it off the pavement more and more.

Thanks!
Cory

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Ok so this is my first post on this forum, so as such I hope I do not get flamed for asking something stupid.

Little back story, I got my 2015 JKUR back in May and I am loving it. I am looking to run 37's (yes I realize all the requirements and cost it takes). I have done lots of research, and I really like the Metalcloak JK Wrangler Game-Changer 3.5" Suspension. I just can not seem to come to a conclusion on shocks. I have always like the Fox 2.5 res shocks (the Teraflex tuned ones) and Metalcloak offers a no shock option.

My question is, would anyone see any problems with running those Fox shocks on that Metalcloak lift? should I just stick with one of their options?

Also it is my DD but I am hoping that building it up I will eventually be taking it off the pavement more and more.

Thanks!
Cory

Just run what you like. However you mention you "always liked" the Teraflex Tuned Fox Shocks. Have you ran them before? If so then you know how they work if not why do you like them?

My opinion for the money bracket your in with these lifts buy the Evo Enforcer Lift with King Shocks and call it a day.

Welcome to Wayalife!

Cbach1987

Just run what you like. However you mention you "always liked" the Teraflex Tuned Fox Shocks. Have you ran them before? If so then you know how they work if not why do you like them?

My opinion for the money bracket your in with these lifts buy the Evo Enforcer Lift with King Shocks and call it a day.

Welcome to Wayalife!

Thanks for the response first off!

I have looked at the enforcer lift as well, hell I feel like I have looked at all 10,000 lifts out there. I have not run the Fox shocks, I just know they are a reputable brand and that is where it is from. I am open to different ideas.

Would the 3" lift on the Enforcer be enough to comfortably clear the 37" tire? it does say driveshafts are recommended but I did not have those in the budget immediately, more down the road. Can you comment on "possible" advantages the Enforcer lift has over the MC Gamechanger?

One last thing was that the Enforcer does not come with all 8 control arms, whereas the Game Changer does.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the response first off!

I have looked at the enforcer lift as well, hell I feel like I have looked at all 10,000 lifts out there. I have not run the Fox shocks, I just know they are a reputable brand and that is where it is from. I am open to different ideas.

Would the 3" lift on the Enforcer be enough to comfortably clear the 37" tire? it does say driveshafts are recommended but I did not have those in the budget immediately, more down the road. Can you comment on "possible" advantages the Enforcer lift has over the MC Gamechanger?

One last thing was that the Enforcer does not come with all 8 control arms, whereas the Game Changer does.

I am running a Rubicon Express 3.5 Short Arm Super Flex Lift on 37" MTR's just so you know where i am at. I thought i was upgrading my shocks buying Fox Shocks 2.5 with Reservoirs and i really should have just been more patient and waited for the Kings that was mistake #2. Mistake #1 was not getting the enforcer myself.

Advantages to the Enforcer is it's basic,strong,effective and don't quote me on this but cheaper then the game changer right? With the money saved buy the front drive shaft your going to need it anyways.

Worse feeling ever is buying a lift twice so buy the right one the first time.

Cbach1987

I am running a Rubicon Express 3.5 Short Arm Super Flex Lift on 37" MTR's just so you know where i am at. I thought i was upgrading my shocks buying Fox Shocks 2.5 with Reservoirs and i really should have just been more patient and waited for the Kings that was mistake #2. Mistake #1 was not getting the enforcer myself.

Advantages to the Enforcer is it's basic,strong,effective and don't quote me on this but cheaper then the game changer right? With the money saved buy the front drive shaft your going to need it anyways.

Worse feeling ever is buying a lift twice so buy the right one the first time.

Actually with the 2.5 King Res shocks as well as the drag link flip kit, it puts it a couple hundred above, plus needing a new driveshaft, which I realize I will need eventually with either lift. My only concern, maybe I am missing something, is that the Enforcer only comes with front lower control arms but the Gamechanger comes with all 8.

swampdog

Actually with the 2.5 King Res shocks as well as the drag link flip kit, it puts it a couple hundred above, plus needing a new driveshaft, which I realize I will need eventually with either lift. My only concern, maybe I am missing something, is that the Enforcer only comes with front lower control arms but the Gamechanger comes with all 8.

All you would ever need is the front LCAs for a short arm kit.

Slavens

Caught the Bug

That is true but i guess the point is the kit is designed not to need all 8. Also i have the flip kit and it's worth the money and really a couple hundred above with the best shocks in the biz isn't a bad deal. In the end like i said first just run what you like in the end that's what matters

swampdog

I'm new with you. I just put a RK 2.5" kit on my lift and only installed front LCAs to get the caster right on the front end. Eddie and a lot of the guys running bigger rigs on here keep stock control arms everywhere except front lowers I believe. Just regurgitating what I have read from trusted members on this site over the last month or two. If they can handle the terrain they see without 8 arms, it will certainly work for anything I will ever throw at it.

I can say from my experience all it took with about 3.25" of lift currently to get the alignment correct was the front LCAs. This was verified by a laser alignment.

Last edited:

Journeyman

Thanks!
Cory

I thought the whole point of the game changer package was to supposedly allow more flex with their specific double piston shocks. Again supposedly their design allowing more shock piston upstroke and more downstroke. There's many other things that factor into flex but the way I understood their description of the game changer was just that. So why specifically fox with resi? Seems like that would by kind of not using their system to be fullest. I don't really care either way, but that's the way I understood their system, but maybe I'm confused 樂
Your going to get into a hornets nest by wanting to run 37"s
Axles, ball joints, bearings, driveshafts, steering gear box etc!

Cbach1987

That is true but i guess the point is the kit is designed not to need all 8. Also i have the flip kit and it's worth the money and really a couple hundred above with the best shocks in the biz isn't a bad deal. In the end like i said first just run what you like in the end that's what matters

I suppose when you put it that way, the Enforcer with the Kings does sound pretty good! Not having to change all 8 CA's is easier as well.

Cbach1987

I'm new with you. I just put a RK 2.5" kit on my lift and only installed front LCAs to get the caster right on the front end. Eddie and a lot of the guys running bigger rigs on here keep stock control arms everywhere except front lowers I believe. Just regurgitating what I have read from trusted members on this site over the last month or two. If they can handle the terrain they see without 8 arms, it will certainly work for anything I will ever throw at it.

I can say from my experience all it took with about 3.25" of lift currently to get the alignment correct was the front LCAs. This was verified by a laser alignment.

I did not know that but that gives me a good amount of confidence though haha. Also I can't really argue with a laser either.

Thanks!

Cbach1987

I thought the whole point of the game changer package was to supposedly allow more flex with their specific double piston shocks. Again supposedly their design allowing more shock piston upstroke and more downstroke. There's many other things that factor into flex but the way I understood their description of the game changer was just that. So why specifically fox with resi? Seems like that would by kind of not using their system to be fullest. I don't really care either way, but that's the way I understood their system, but maybe I'm confused 樂
Your going to get into a hornets nest by wanting to run 37"s
Axles, ball joints, bearings, driveshafts, steering gear box etc!

Ya the fox shocks was an initial but after just a few replies I am realizing it is better to stick with what the manufacturer has their system set up for.
Yes I agree on the hornets nest but when I research 35's, it is filled with regret. Everyone wishes they would have just gone straight to 37's. My plan is to do the lift and tires, gusset and truss, regear, front driveshaft, and then start to do stuff as it needs it. If you go with the run it until it brakes and then fix it method, my girlfriend can't say no to upgrading the parts :D haha.

I also do not wheel at all at this point but the idea is to build it up and start to wheel it. So I am not doing anything hardcore by any stretch of the imagination. I know that does not mean that stuff can't break but it won't be getting the abuse that some others might put it through. I also realize it is a lot of money for a mall crawler (at this point anyway) but eventually once everything gets where I want it, it will get wheeled.

uberc4

Eddie and a lot of the guys running bigger rigs on here keep stock control arms everywhere except front lowers I believe. Just regurgitating what I have read from trusted members on this site over the last month or two. If they can handle the terrain they see without 8 arms, it will certainly work for anything I will ever throw at it.

The bigger rigs like Eddie's are running a completely different system (DTD) so it's like comparing apples to oranges. Also, they are running High clearance Long arms. :thumbs:

Cbach1987

The bigger rigs like Eddie's are running a completely different system (DTD) so it's like comparing apples to oranges. Also, they are running High clearance Long arms. :thumbs:

So then does the whole, only needing to upgrade the front lowers still stand?

Cbach1987

Yep on a 4 door front lowers is all that is needed

well that's easy haha

My next question to anyone that has any experience with the Enforcer lift would be how hard is it to install? It will be my first lift ever but I will have another set of hands. Just curious what level of mess I am getting into.

Top Bottom