Shipping a Jeep

Mikead40

Has anyone used a commercial carrier to ship their Jeep before? In a couple of months I'm going to be moving across country and as much as I would love to do the road trip in my JK, time simply won't permit it. I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding good commercial carriers to use. Thank in advance. :beer:

Evil

Has anyone used a commercial carrier to ship their Jeep before? In a couple of months I'm going to be moving across country and as much as I would love to do the road trip in my JK, time simply won't permit it. I was just wondering if anyone has any recommendations regarding good commercial carriers to use. Thank in advance. :beer:

I work for a company that moves people, things and vehicles. Shoot me a PM if you want some contact numbers. :beer:

Mikead40

Thanks - I appreciate it :beer:
I'll probably get a number of quotes - so if anyone has other recommendations out there, I'd definitely like to hear them.

Last edited:

Stick

Reliable Carriers is probably the best around, they haul for all the big car companies from test vehicles to customs cars for SEMA, I would also consider Pilot Transport as well. These companies are very professional and deal with custom vehicles all the time but they will be the more expensive options out there.

JKCRWLR

A buddy of mine is going through Houston on his way to Miami. He runs a Hot Shot setup professionally. Is your JK going in that direction and soon?

-Wayne-

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

Not the same thing, but I just got the quote to ship my Jeep to Hawaii here in a few months. There's 2600 bucks I'll never get back! I couldn't imagine it would be that bad shipping it across the US.

Mikead40

A buddy of mine is going through Houston on his way to Miami. He runs a Hot Shot setup professionally. Is your JK going in that direction and soon?

-Wayne-

Probably not until the beginning of April. It'll be going from TX to the New England area

Mikead40

Thanks for the responses everyone. I've gotten a few quotes so far. The most expensive being Reliable at about $2100...but they come highly recommended from multiple people and honestly are only a few hundred more than the cheapest quote I've gotten so far. I'm going to look into a few of the other recommendations made in this thread.
Thanks again :beer:

Ddays

Hooked
Wow! I wouldn't have ever guessed it would have been that high. I looked into shipping mine but if it's that much I'm drivin.

Shantz

Hell you can buy me a ticket to fly from L.A.to Texas then back to L.A.from New England I'd need one hotel in Virginia... gas money up... 30 bucks a day for food... two days... easy trip... probably looking at around grand all in.

werks

Thanks for the responses everyone. I've gotten a few quotes so far. The most expensive being Reliable at about $2100...but they come highly recommended from multiple people and honestly are only a few hundred more than the cheapest quote I've gotten so far. I'm going to look into a few of the other recommendations made in this thread.
Thanks again :beer:

That seems a little on the high side. To give you a comparison I've used Intercity 3-4 times to ship cars from N. CA to MI and back but they (just like Reliable) specialize in enclosed shipping, something that is nice if you have a special and/or high value car that never see's the rain etc but I would think that is overkill for something like a Jeep. That ran about $1300 each way. Using an open car hauler I did a car purchase and trade in with a Dealer in Montana and that was $600 shipping ($300 each way to/from N. CA). Then in Sep I picked up my JKU from a dealer in Utah and had that shipped to me here in N. CA and that cost $350 open.

My suggestion if you do not know any local trucking companies that haul cars on the route that you are looking for is to simply contact Montway Transport via their web site. They are one of the larger brokers and based on my past experience shopping around will give you one of the lowest quotes out there. They will charge you $250 to book the shipment (their fee) and have you pay the driver the balance when he drops off the Jeep (his fee). Avoid U-ship, it's a waste of time as for the most part you will get replies from brokers who then will just have to tack on another 25% or so on top of their regular price to cover the U-Ship fee they have to pay (making it more expensive than if you had just contacted them directly in the first place). Hope that helps and again for a Jeep seriously consider shipping open as it will save you a considerable amount of money!

I shipped a mustang cobra from chicago to phoenix a few years back and I believe it was with reliable. It was an enclosed semi and if memory serves i paid $1400.

The distances on our trips seem similar and with gas being as low as it is I would think you might be able to do a little better.

KenB1010

Wow, that seems way expensive. I shipped my JK from Reno to LA a few years ago for $500. Car carriers move all over the country all the time. I did an Internet search and got over 10 estimates within about 4hrs on a weekend. I found a Lexus carrier going to the location I needed, met him at the dealer and it was done. They will want accurate measurements (full length, width and height). I was surprised how easy and inexpensive it was.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that seems way expensive. I shipped my JK from Reno to LA a few years ago for $500. Car carriers move all over the country all the time. I did an Internet search and got over 10 estimates within about 4hrs on a weekend. I found a Lexus carrier going to the location I needed, met him at the dealer and it was done. They will want accurate measurements (full length, width and height). I was surprised how easy and inexpensive it was.

LOL!! I remember that trip. Didn't know that's all it cost to get your Jeep home. :crazyeyes:

Top Bottom