Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New QuietCrawler system for the 2012+ Jeep JK Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by DynoMax Exhaust View Post
    Ha! You caught it, this is was the Sales Manager's JKU and he sent that from the shop that installed. I told him to remove that before driving off.
    And you are correct.
    That would have left a nice smell. We hit a plastic bag once and it stuck to the exhaust. Stunk for months.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Looking at the Dynomax website, I see on the sound chart that this system uses the Ultraflo muffler which is the third quietest muffler. Will anything quieter fit with this configuration?

I'm definitely keeping my eye on this one. Would love to keep my jeep as close to stock sound as possible.

Nothing but a Thing IBeHeWhoIsJoshua's Avatar
    I was excited for this until I saw the tip is still in harms way of being crushed. A quieter non-farting (for us 3.6 folks) crawler system would be ideal!

Perfect timing! I've been planning on hacking something like this together with the stock resonator but just haven't gotten around to it. Pulled my muffler to install coilovers this weekend and couldn't bring myself to put it back on, so I guess it's time to get it done

What's availability like on these packages?

edit: Oh and is there room to dump pre axle?
    Last edited by BlueBox; 01-12-2016 at 03:30 PM.

OK the P/N that we use in this is the Ultra Flo Welded PN 17823 this is an offset/center. That gives you the ability to angle it up. The Super Turbo P/N 17219 is also an offset/center.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepJeep75 View Post
    Looking at the Dynomax website, I see on the sound chart that this system uses the Ultraflo muffler which is the third quietest muffler. Will anything quieter fit with this configuration?
    Don't run the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by IBeHeWhoIsJoshua View Post
    I was excited for this until I saw the tip is still in harms way of being crushed. A quieter non-farting (for us 3.6 folks) crawler system would be ideal!
    See above
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBox View Post
    Perfect timing! I've been planning on hacking something like this together with the stock resonator but just haven't gotten around to it. Pulled my muffler to install coilovers this weekend and couldn't bring myself to put it back on, so I guess it's time to get it done

What's availability like on these packages?

edit: Oh and is there room to dump pre axle?

Has anyone seen this in person. Would this would with EVOs rear DTD suspension?

I run it, and I will get you a picture in the AM, but the short answer is not easily. I will snap them in the AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mackey View Post
    Has anyone seen this in person. Would this would with EVOs rear DTD suspension?

A quiet version that works with the Evo Lever would be great. Not that quiet really matters when you have a set of Mud Grapplers, a quiet exhaust around town sure is nice.
    2015 Anvil Rubicon Unlimited
    Evo Mfg Double Throwdown suspension w/Evo Lever
    Evo Mfg high clearance long arms
    Evo Mfg PR60 high steer w/PSC hydraulic assist
    Dynatrac ProRock XD60 front axle
    Dynatrac ProRock 80 rear axle
    ARB lockers & 5.38 gears
    JE Reel 1350 front/1410 rear driveshafts
    Evo Mfg rocker/corner armor/bumper
    17" ATX Slabs & 40" Nitto Mud Grapplers

Proud to be one of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children 2001 - 2010. Semper Fi

So looking under at my system (2013 JKU) it really won't work with the DTD, the reason being is that were it would "dump" right on the e-brake cable.
    Now that being said, I know of a guy who took the parts from this system and made it work.
    What he did (and he started with the 3.8 stock system as his platform, it has hangers in different locations) is buy the mufflers, clamps, and the front pipe.
    What needs to happen (it looks) like for the DTD is to move the first muffler closer to the y-pipe, and scoot everything forward, so that the last muffler (the Race Bullet) dumps before the rear axle.

I will try and get pics once the snow melts...

Quote Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
    A quiet version that works with the Evo Lever would be great. Not that quiet really matters when you have a set of Mud Grapplers, a quiet exhaust around town sure is nice.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast