Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New QuietCrawler system for the 2012+ Jeep JK Unlimited

Quote Originally Posted by DynoMax Exhaust View Post
    So looking under at my system (2013 JKU) it really won't work with the DTD, the reason being is that were it would "dump" right on the e-brake cable.
    Now that being said, I know of a guy who took the parts from this system and made it work.
    What he did (and he started with the 3.8 stock system as his platform, it has hangers in different locations) is buy the mufflers, clamps, and the front pipe.
    What needs to happen (it looks) like for the DTD is to move the first muffler closer to the y-pipe, and scoot everything forward, so that the last muffler (the Race Bullet) dumps before the rear axle.

I will try and get pics once the snow melts...
    Awesome! I would love to see pics of this.

Ok I forgot I had this picture, this is off our 2012, but gives you an idea.
    I will get images from over the rear and towards the front too, to see what we are all working with.

Pro Tip: When the shop installs your system, make sure you remove the plastic wrap. Muffler shops "like" this trick.

Really interested in this setup. I hate loud exhausts, at least since I have gotten older.

What affect does this have on the 3.6 auto tranny power band? Same, better, worse.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.!

18 JLUR -white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (sold), stock 85 CJ7 - red
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now).

Ok here we go! Looking it over it MIGHT work on a DTD style system but will take some modifying on the end user's end....

So in this pic, you can see where our pipe (PN 52561) attaches here, but as you can also see you COULD cut some of this pipe to "scoot" the first muffler (PN 17283) towards the front

The rear and it going OVER the rear axle. It looks like if you were to throw a short dump it would dump clear of the rear axle!!!!

Here is the rear hanger location, so if you were to get a turn down, it would need to be modified to work around the hanger.

In the system we include a small piece of tubing to add between the two mufflers, on my prototype the two mufflers work fine without it.

Clearance Clarence!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Awesome! I would love to see pics of this.

Thanks for the pics. How much does it cost?

Red face

To be honest, I don't know I would "think" around the $400 (or so). Since I am on the "marketing" side officially I haven't seen that info.

Quote Originally Posted by mackey View Post
    Thanks for the pics. How much does it cost?

It can be done and I have proof! I went the custom route and bought the pieces separately. Not using the tail pipe I was able to cover labor and misc matls with the savings. I was quoted $461 for the kit fwiw.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cool

In regards to the power band the changes will be minimal and shouldn't be noticed. I personally HATE the shift points on the AUTO transmission on these JK's, but I digress.

Quote Originally Posted by RMC2 View Post
    Really interested in this setup. I hate loud exhausts, at least since I have gotten older.

What affect does this have on the 3.6 auto tranny power band? Same, better, worse.

BlueBox nice!!! Love it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBox View Post
    It can be done and I have proof! I went the custom route and bought the pieces separately. Not using the tail pipe I was able to cover labor and misc matls with the savings. I was quoted $461 for the kit fwiw.
    Awesome, nice job!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast