New QuietCrawler system for the 2012+ Jeep JK Unlimited

We are excited to launch our new QuietCrawler system for the 2012-2015 Jeep JK Unlimited. This system tucks your mufflers up and out of harms way when on the trail. Get that sound you want and have a nice sound at cruising speeds. As always backed by our 90 day Sound and Perfromance guarantee and our Limited Lifetime Warranty. More info in the link:

http://www.dynomax.com/quietcrawler-single-2-5-cat-back-system-ultra-flo-polished-muffler-39535.html

Check with your favorite retailer on pricing!

JK_39535_Sell_zpsmswwlizl.jpg

Last edited:

Angry Aussie

We are excited to launch our new QuietCrawler system for the 2012-2015 Jeep JK Unlimited. This system tucks your mufflers up and out of harms way when on the trail. Get that sound you want and have a nice sound at cruising speeds. As always backed by our 90 day Sound and Perfromance guarantee and our Limited Lifetime Warranty. More info in the link:
http://www.dynomax.com/quietcrawler-single-2-5-cat-back-sys…

Check with your favorite retailer on pricing!

JK_39535_Sell_zpsmswwlizl.jpg

Awesome. I may be one of the first to try this system, the system I have on now is to loud at highway speeds.

JeepJeep75

This is what I've been looking for. A quiet, tucked-up exhaust system. I will definitely be looking for feed-back on this system.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey Matt, does the muffler mount up by the evap canister like the rock crawler system does? If so is the muffler Interchangeable for those that have the rock crawler and want this quieter muffler?

So I was the prototype for this system for the last year, here is my feedback, and where I have been.
First off, I am in Colorado so A LOT of mountain passes, hills. I drove to Moab teice, St George and all over CO, like Telluride, and the 4 Corners area.
The only time I hear it is at full throttle or when WOT (wide open throttle) so I hear it on the passes a lot.
Also I personally hate the shift pattern of the transmission so I hear it when it down shifts from 5th to say 2nd.
But around town and at cruise I never really hear it. Top off or soft top on and tire road noise, way more than this.

We also tested it on our 2012 with the Edelbrock super charger, from my limited time in that rig, it was nice too. The sales rep who drives it mainly loves this set up.

It is probably 10-20% quieter than our normal "rock crawler" system and even more than the Evolution Competition system, since this system dumps early.

Good luck too!
Matt

This is what I've been looking for. A quiet, tucked-up exhaust system. I will definitely be looking for feed-back on this system.

OJK12

This sounds awesome! The link only mentions the 4 door, will this only fit a 4 door currently?

So not exactly.

The first muffler (and hanger) are different. This is the new QuietCrawler system.
See this image, you can see the Race Bullet is pretty close to the EVAP and is used because it is smaller than the Ultra Flo Welded used in the other system, a 4" vs 6" round.
Also who can catch what is "wrong" with that first muffler? It's a typical muffler/exhaust install "mistake". :icon_crazy:

DynoMax_crawler_2012_zpsdrverk6v.jpg

Where the Ultra Flo Round is on the rock crawler system.
And honestly it has been so long that I don't know how much space there is to play around in FRONT of this muffler. I would think a center/offset so that you can adjust it up a bit would work perfectly.

Great question (as usual Coz!)

JK-rockcrawlersideshot.jpg

Hey Matt, does the muffler mount up by the evap canister like the rock crawler system does? If so is the muffler Interchangeable for those that have the rock crawler and want this quieter muffler?

Attachments

• DynoMax_crawler_2012_zpsdrverk6v.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 1,046

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So not exactly.

The first muffler (and hanger) are different. This is the new QuietCrawler system.
See this image, you can see the Race Bullet is pretty close to the EVAP and is used because it is smaller than the Ultra Flo Welded used in the other system, a 4" vs 6" round.
Also who can catch what is "wrong" with that first muffler? It's a typical muffler/exhaust install "mistake". :icon_crazy:

Where the Ultra Flo Round is on the rock crawler system.
And honestly it has been so long that I don't know how much space there is to play around in FRONT of this muffler. I would think a center/offset so that you can adjust it up a bit would work perfectly.

Great question (as usual Coz!)

JK-rockcrawlersideshot.jpg

To answer your question it's the same mistake I made when installing mine lol left the clear plastic on :grayno:

Thanks for the response Matt! Yea it is not interchangeable at all t seems. If anything it looks like you can keep the main last pipe but you would still need the new intermediate pipe, muffler, and the bullet and even then it still may be either to long or to short.

Ha! You caught it, this is was the Sales Manager's JKU and he sent that from the shop that installed. I told him to remove that before driving off.
And you are correct. :beer:

To answer your question it's the same mistake I made when installing mine lol left the clear plastic on :grayno:

Thanks for the response Matt! Yea it is not interchangeable at all t seems. If anything it looks like you can keep the main last pipe but you would still need the new intermediate pipe, muffler, and the bullet and even then it still may be either to long or to short.

WJCO

Meme King
Ha! You caught it, this is was the Sales Manager's JKU and he sent that from the shop that installed. I told him to remove that before driving off.
And you are correct. :beer:

That would have left a nice smell. We hit a plastic bag once and it stuck to the exhaust. Stunk for months.

JeepJeep75

Looking at the Dynomax website, I see on the sound chart that this system uses the Ultraflo muffler which is the third quietest muffler. Will anything quieter fit with this configuration?

uberc4

I'm definitely keeping my eye on this one. Would love to keep my jeep as close to stock sound as possible. :thumb:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

I was excited for this until I saw the tip is still in harms way of being crushed. A quieter non-farting (for us 3.6 folks) crawler system would be ideal!

BlueBox

Perfect timing! I've been planning on hacking something like this together with the stock resonator but just haven't gotten around to it. Pulled my muffler to install coilovers this weekend and couldn't bring myself to put it back on, so I guess it's time to get it done :)

What's availability like on these packages?

edit: Oh and is there room to dump pre axle?

Last edited:
OK the P/N that we use in this is the Ultra Flo Welded PN 17823 this is an offset/center. That gives you the ability to angle it up. The Super Turbo P/N 17219 is also an offset/center. :)

Looking at the Dynomax website, I see on the sound chart that this system uses the Ultraflo muffler which is the third quietest muffler. Will anything quieter fit with this configuration?

Don't run the tip. :)

20130429_104154_zpsfa0325f0.jpg

I was excited for this until I saw the tip is still in harms way of being crushed. A quieter non-farting (for us 3.6 folks) crawler system would be ideal!

See above :)
Perfect timing! I've been planning on hacking something like this together with the stock resonator but just haven't gotten around to it. Pulled my muffler to install coilovers this weekend and couldn't bring myself to put it back on, so I guess it's time to get it done :)

What's availability like on these packages?

edit: Oh and is there room to dump pre axle?

highoctane

Caught the Bug
A quiet version that works with the Evo Lever would be great. Not that quiet really matters when you have a set of Mud Grapplers, a quiet exhaust around town sure is nice.

So looking under at my system (2013 JKU) it really won't work with the DTD, the reason being is that were it would "dump" right on the e-brake cable.
Now that being said, I know of a guy who took the parts from this system and made it work.
What he did (and he started with the 3.8 stock system as his platform, it has hangers in different locations) is buy the mufflers, clamps, and the front pipe.
What needs to happen (it looks) like for the DTD is to move the first muffler closer to the y-pipe, and scoot everything forward, so that the last muffler (the Race Bullet) dumps before the rear axle.

I will try and get pics once the snow melts...
:beer:

A quiet version that works with the Evo Lever would be great. Not that quiet really matters when you have a set of Mud Grapplers, a quiet exhaust around town sure is nice.

Top Bottom