Page 174 of 184 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 1834

Thread: Wines of the Week

You can use an open bottle almost indefinitely. The key is to keep filling it up with your favorite boxed wine whenever the bottle becomes empty.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    You can use an open bottle almost indefinitely. The key is to keep filling it up with your favorite boxed wine whenever the bottle becomes empty.
    I did that for a while when my wife developed what became an expensive white wine habit. Needless to say there was marital discord when she discovered my scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by longarmwj View Post
    Cross posting because it fits two categories. Enjoying a Perdomo Estate Seleccion and, ready for this? A glass of 1934 Haut Brion Bordeaux from a bottle that was found in Eagleís Nest. Aka a glass of wine that was in Hitlers personal collection from countries and regions he invaded. For those interested here is some history on the Eagles Nest invasion:

https://onthewineroad.us/the-race-to...-hitlers-wine/

Attachment 325385

It came at a price...but well worth it.

Brute, I thought of you while consuming.

So cool! Got a picture of the bottle? A wine like that must of been cared for, decanted and re-bottled along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    So cool! Got a picture of the bottle? A wine like that must of been cared for, decanted and re-bottled along the way.
    Didnít think to get a picture of the bottle. I ordered it and they brought it over to me while i picked out my stogie. Next time i go up there Iíll have to see if i can get a pic of it.

Hopefully they arenít passing it off as something itís not. People here brought up some good points i didnít think about. So they either donít know how to properly store a vintage or are passing it off as something it isnít.

Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread
    2017 Gobi JKU Build Thread
    2016 Renegade Sport Build Thread
    2019 Compass Sport Build Thread

Didnít think to get a picture of the bottle. I ordered it and they brought it over to me while i picked out my stogie. Next time i go up there Iíll have to see if i can get a pic of it.

Hopefully they arenít passing it off as something itís not. People here brought up some good points i didnít think about. So they either donít know how to properly store a vintage or are passing it off as something it isnít.

You cannot open a bottle that old and just put the cork back in...it is so fragile at that age that Iím even surprised that it was drinkable...

The two oldest bottles of wine I ever had was a Ď48 Lafite Rothschild...it had turned to vinegar...and a Ď59 díYquem..a Sauterne...which was an out of body experience..

The only way to enjoy an incredible First Growth Bordeaux like that Haut Brion was to open it in the cellar of the chateau and drink the whole bottle...

Wines of the Week

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    You cannot open a bottle that old and just put the cork back in...it is so fragile at that age that Iím even surprised that it was drinkable...

The two oldest bottles of wine I ever had was a Ď48 Lafite Rothschild...it had turned to vinegar...and a Ď59 díYquem..a Sauterne...which was an out of body experience..

The only way to enjoy an incredible First Growth Bordeaux like that Haut Brion was to open it in the cellar of the chateau and drink the whole bottle...
    Makes me thing I got fooled then...

Thatís a damn shame too because it was quite an interesting story

Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread

Makes me thing I got fooled then...

Thatís a damn shame too because it was quite an interesting story

Did you have fun? Then fuck it. Still a good story. Happy anniversary by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by RCVRY View Post
    Did you have fun? Then fuck it. Still a good story. Happy anniversary by the way.

^ For sure, as long as he didnít get taken to the cleaners.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkey View Post
    ^ For sure, as long as he didnít get taken to the cleaners.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
    I get the impression he did I was just trying to lessen that pain. Never feels good to be raked over the coals, just chalk it up to having learned something!

Basically what Iím gathering here is that if you want to fool somebody into thinking theyíre actually drinking and paying for a vintage, youíre better off pouring balsamic vinegar in their glass?

Time to open up a boutique

Captain Imachurity
    2003 WJ Build Thread

Page 174 of 184 FirstFirst ... 74124164172173174175176 ... LastLast