Page 145 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1532

Thread: Wines of the Week

Fresh Catch
    Great find Annapolis winery off the California coast by Gualala awesome place visit taste20180415_133921.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    For sure. I need a better one of those and a decanter. Just been lazy. Lol. The aerator I have seems to stir up the sediment. This being a 2011, I wanted to not take the chance.
    Some have a screen, but a slow while decanting helps too. Maybe Brute will chime in with how he preps those 30 year Bordeaux’s?

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Some have a screen, but a slow while decanting helps too. Maybe Brute will chime in with how he preps those 30 year Bordeaux’s?
    Yeah. I’ve been digging around and researching. Most the screens are for catching cork. But the sediment is much finer.

Maybe brute should invite us over and show us in person. I’m a slow learner so might take more than one bottle.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Yeah. I’ve been digging around and researching. Most the screens are for catching cork. But the sediment is much finer.

Maybe brute should invite us over and show us in person. I’m a slow learner so might take more than one bottle.
    My preference is to try and let the wine open in the bottle, and disturb the sediment as little as possible...I'll pour a little out into a wine glass to give the bottle a little more head space...the French have a neat trick to put the bottle into an angled bottle holder (after pouring out two glasses) to increase surface to air ratio. On rare occasions I'll decant a bottle...usually a vary old bottle, and give it an hour.
    I'm more than happy to pop open a bunch of bottles anytime you come by...either in HI or WA

I like how you think! After all, we’re old enough to appreciate a good glass of wine!

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    My preference is to try and let the wine open in the bottle, and disturb the sediment as little as possible...I'll pour a little out into a wine glass to give the bottle a little more head space...the French have a neat trick to put the bottle into an angled bottle holder (after pouring out two glasses) to increase surface to air ratio. On rare occasions I'll decant a bottle...usually a vary old bottle, and give it an hour.
    I'm more than happy to pop open a bunch of bottles anytime you come by...either in HI or WA
    That does sound like a neat trick and I will have to keep an eye out for something like that!

Idk, between your locations, Jeeps, wine cellar and all that great food you post, one might never leave.

This is one heck of a club shipment right here. Cab comes in at 97pts. The Mourvèdre and the Mourvèdre/Syrah blend come in at 92/93 pts. And a treana red cab/Syrah.

I didn’t even know they made a rosé, so something new there.

IMG_4864.jpg
    The Evolution of ENVY

This is one heck of a club shipment right here. Cab comes in at 97pts. The Mourvèdre and the Mourvèdre/Syrah blend come in at 92/93 pts. And a treana red cab/Syrah.

I didn’t even know they made a rosé, so something new there.

IMG_4864.jpg
    A box full of happy ...

Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Getting the weekend started...

IMG_5668.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Well, been another busy week. Enjoyed just a couple bottles.

This Verdelho from Santa Barbara is so bomb. The last of several bottles we had. Need to make another run up the coast.

IMG_4891.jpg

This Pinot came from a club membership and did not disappoint. Nicely balanced. I think it had a 94 pt rating. Not sure I’d put it that high though.

IMG_4928.jpg
    The Evolution of ENVY

Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    Getting the weekend started...

IMG_5668.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    How was the Denner?

I've had the other two and love the Isosceles!

Page 145 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast