Page 145 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 1532

Thread: Wines of the Week

  1. #1441
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    California
    Posts
    34
    Great find Annapolis winery off the California coast by Gualala awesome place visit taste20180415_133921.jpg

    Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

  2. #1442
    Nothing but a Thing sipafz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Saukville, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    For sure. I need a better one of those and a decanter. Just been lazy. Lol. The aerator I have seems to stir up the sediment. This being a 2011, I wanted to not take the chance.
    Some have a screen, but a slow while decanting helps too. Maybe Brute will chime in with how he preps those 30 year Bordeaux’s?

  3. #1443
    Living the WAYALIFE JAGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    10,737
    Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Some have a screen, but a slow while decanting helps too. Maybe Brute will chime in with how he preps those 30 year Bordeaux’s?
    Yeah. I’ve been digging around and researching. Most the screens are for catching cork. But the sediment is much finer.

    Maybe brute should invite us over and show us in person. I’m a slow learner so might take more than one bottle.
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

  4. #1444
    Old Timer Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    HI & WA
    Posts
    4,121
    Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Some have a screen, but a slow while decanting helps too. Maybe Brute will chime in with how he preps those 30 year Bordeaux’s?
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Yeah. I’ve been digging around and researching. Most the screens are for catching cork. But the sediment is much finer.

    Maybe brute should invite us over and show us in person. I’m a slow learner so might take more than one bottle.
    My preference is to try and let the wine open in the bottle, and disturb the sediment as little as possible...I'll pour a little out into a wine glass to give the bottle a little more head space...the French have a neat trick to put the bottle into an angled bottle holder (after pouring out two glasses) to increase surface to air ratio. On rare occasions I'll decant a bottle...usually a vary old bottle, and give it an hour.
    I'm more than happy to pop open a bunch of bottles anytime you come by...either in HI or WA

  5. #1445
    Nothing but a Thing sipafz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Saukville, Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,848
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    Yeah. I’ve been digging around and researching. Most the screens are for catching cork. But the sediment is much finer.

    Maybe brute should invite us over and show us in person. I’m a slow learner so might take more than one bottle.
    I like how you think! After all, we’re old enough to appreciate a good glass of wine!

    Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    My preference is to try and let the wine open in the bottle, and disturb the sediment as little as possible...I'll pour a little out into a wine glass to give the bottle a little more head space...the French have a neat trick to put the bottle into an angled bottle holder (after pouring out two glasses) to increase surface to air ratio. On rare occasions I'll decant a bottle...usually a vary old bottle, and give it an hour.
    I'm more than happy to pop open a bunch of bottles anytime you come by...either in HI or WA
    That does sound like a neat trick and I will have to keep an eye out for something like that!

    Idk, between your locations, Jeeps, wine cellar and all that great food you post, one might never leave.

  6. #1446
    Living the WAYALIFE JAGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    10,737
    This is one heck of a club shipment right here. Cab comes in at 97pts. The Mourvèdre and the Mourvèdre/Syrah blend come in at 92/93 pts. And a treana red cab/Syrah.

    I didn’t even know they made a rosé, so something new there.

    IMG_4864.jpg
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

  7. #1447
    Old Timer Brute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    HI & WA
    Posts
    4,121
    Quote Originally Posted by JAGS View Post
    This is one heck of a club shipment right here. Cab comes in at 97pts. The Mourvèdre and the Mourvèdre/Syrah blend come in at 92/93 pts. And a treana red cab/Syrah.

    I didn’t even know they made a rosé, so something new there.

    IMG_4864.jpg
    A box full of happy ...

  8. #1448
    Nothing but a Thing TrainWreck618's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    East of St. Louis
    Posts
    2,422
    Getting the weekend started...

    IMG_5668.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

  9. #1449
    Living the WAYALIFE JAGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    10,737
    Well, been another busy week. Enjoyed just a couple bottles.

    This Verdelho from Santa Barbara is so bomb. The last of several bottles we had. Need to make another run up the coast.

    IMG_4891.jpg

    This Pinot came from a club membership and did not disappoint. Nicely balanced. I think it had a 94 pt rating. Not sure I’d put it that high though.

    IMG_4928.jpg
    I think I may consider lifting my Jeep. Or not.
    The Evolution of ENVY

  10. #1450
    Living the WAYALIFE MTG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Reno eNVy
    Posts
    13,557
    Quote Originally Posted by TrainWreck618 View Post
    Getting the weekend started...

    IMG_5668.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
    How was the Denner?

    I've had the other two and love the Isosceles!

Page 145 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
“wayoflife” is a moniker that I’ve been using for 20 years now and I chose it because I think it does a great job of explaining, in simple terms, the passion I have for Jeeps and the Jeep way of life. This is a lifestyle that transcends age, gender and race as the only thing you need to be a part of it is a love for the outdoors, a desire to explore, a yearning to take on a challenge and a will to conquer it. Over the years, Cindy and I have attempted to capture the essence of this lifestyle through photographs and videos and share it with others around the world. And, this is how WAYALIFE was born.
Join us
WATCH OUR VIDEOS