Thread: Oil pan bolt torque specs

Been Around the Block

Oil pan bolt torque specs

While doing a oil change today I always inspect things while waiting for the oil to drain down. While doing so came across a slight oil weep on a few bolts that secure the aluminum collar of the oil pan to the block.

Not the bolts that secure the black pan its self. 2008 with the good old 3.8L

First place I went to was project JK, and found a spec for the oil pan bolts 105 inch pounds. Anyone know if this spec is for both sets of bolts?

One of the two bolts was finger loose!!! I snugged it down firm not crazy until I get myself a inch pound wrench.

So glad I do my own work to catch stuff like this.

I've since cleaned things up with break clean to keep an eye on the weep.

Thanks

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452451006.344002.jpg
    2016 JKR

Been Around the Block
    Thanks for the quick reply. I will use the same setting. Cheers.
    2016 JKR