Couple questions

Saharacon

So I've been doing research and slowly progressing forward with my build.

I've been debating what exactly I want to do as far as suspension upgrades. I'm running a 4 inch soft ride coil system with bilsten 5100s. I have 35" KM2s and everything works fantastic. I'm looking for some more flex and a better handling ride though.

With that said, I was considering doing a long arm kit, the rock krawler triple threat looks pretty nice to me. I like the idea of a rear 3 link with currie anti rock sway links.

I was considering doing a front coilover system, I don't think I need the rear coilover system to start. I'm not a crazy rock crawler but I like to do some climbing on the trails.

I'm curious what you guys have to say

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So I've been doing research and slowly progressing forward with my build.

I've been debating what exactly I want to do as far as suspension upgrades. I'm running a 4 inch soft ride coil system with bilsten 5100s. I have 35" KM2s and everything works fantastic. I'm looking for some more flex and a better handling ride though.

With that said, I was considering doing a long arm kit, the rock krawler triple threat looks pretty nice to me. I like the idea of a rear 3 link with currie anti rock sway links.

I was considering doing a front coilover system, I don't think I need the rear coilover system to start. I'm not a crazy rock crawler but I like to do some climbing on the trails.

I'm curious what you guys have to say

so what 4" system are you currenly running?

also are you running a drag link flip kit at all to help with handling? if not this will help solve your handling problems.

Saharacon

Here's some of my sad attempts to flex while out at the parks

Attachments

• 1452459236397.jpg
    1452459236397.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 54
  • 1452459244880.jpg
    1452459244880.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 1452459251876.jpg
    1452459251876.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 54

Saharacon

Technically I just have skyjacker coils, I have a 1 ton tie rod from metalcloak, adjustable track bar from teraflex. I have not gotten into a drag link flip kit.

My only issue is the fact I'm running 15 inch rims otherwise I'd have the DLFlip kit already.

I know there are mixed feelings on a 3 link system, but i maintain that it doesnt leave any room for error. If one breaks , your fucked. You can get off the trail on 3 links, but not on 2. IMO, i wouldnt do c/o unless you were doing all 4.

Saharacon

@medixjk I agree about the 3 link being a very risky set up. You have a very valid point.

But why wouldn't a coilover setup in the front to start not worth it? I'd gain a lot of down travel up front for climbing through ruts and up hills.

But why wouldn't a coilover setup in the front to start not worth it? I'd gain a lot of down travel up front for climbing through ruts and up hills.
Its not that it would cause any problems, i just feel like theres alot that comes along with c/o so id like to get it done all at once.

Have you looked at tweeking your bumpstops and/or shock length? What about Evo Rockstars?

Saharacon

I have the rock star skids on my list. Maybe I should get them sooner.

I haven't actually done anything to my bump steps I have about 4.5 inch stops in the front and 4inch brackets in the rear. Should I cut down the fronts and take her for a test?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have the rock star skids on my list. Maybe I should get them sooner.

I haven't actually done anything to my bump steps I have about 4.5 inch stops in the front and 4inch brackets in the rear. Should I cut down the fronts and take her for a test?

you could run 4" bumps and even as little as 3.5" bumps but I would run any less than that. for down travel sake did you get the right length shocks?

Saharacon

Yes I did I'm running the 3-6" lift series. The rear is very flexible as is. I'm sure cutting down the bump stops and adding the rock star skids will give me more in the rear. But your saying have 3.5" of bump stop up front?

mds22

4" lift with those fenders and only 35s (km2 are prob barely 34" mounted)? You should have a lot of up travel to work with depending on your shock/bumpstop set up. I'd do some testing and find out the minimum amount of bumpstops you can get away with.

Top Bottom