EVO 3" Plush Ride Coils vs 4" coils

flectarn

Hey guys,

I currently need to go down to about a 3 inch coil in my JK and I am looking for some insight on which way to go. I currently have 4 Inch Evo plush ride coils and the Evo spec king 2.5 shocks, and I am just not happy with the ride quality what so ever. It's just way too stiff for whatever reason.

I wanted to ask, to those who may be experienced in this issue, is there any difference in overall ride quality between Evo's 3 inch and 4 inch coils? I was thinking maybe they use a different spring rate between the two, which may soften up the ride.

Thanks!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Hey guys,

I currently need to go down to about a 3 inch coil in my JK and I am looking for some insight on which way to go. I currently have 4 Inch Evo plush ride coils and the Evo spec king 2.5 shocks, and I am just not happy with the ride quality what so ever. It's just way too stiff for whatever reason.

I wanted to ask, to those who may be experienced in this issue, is there any difference in overall ride quality between Evo's 3 inch and 4 inch coils? I was thinking maybe they use a different spring rate between the two, which may soften up the ride.

Thanks!

Coils will be the same. Sounds like you need to revalve the shocks. Service my shocks.com can do it

JAGS

Hooked
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Stiff compared to what other set up? How long have you been running your current enforcer? How much tread do you have left on your tires? Saw you already answered the PSI question.

MTG

Caught the Bug
It's your shocks. Throw some cheap shocks on there and you'll feel how soft they are.

flectarn

From my experience, the KO2s seem to have a pretty rough ride to begin with.

If it's even comparable, I had 35 KO2 on a previously and they rode great.

Stiff compared to what other set up? How long have you been running your current enforcer? How much tread do you have left on your tires? Saw you already answered the PSI question.

Previously I had Rock Krawler Triple Rate 2.5 Inch Coils , Out of the box Fox 2.0 Shocks, and 35 Inch KO2.

JAGS

Hooked

Previously I had Rock Krawler Triple Rate 2.5 Inch Coils , Out of the box Fox 2.0 Shocks, and 35 Inch KO2.

Not sure how long you've had the enforcer. Have you driven in another enforcer rig to see if a difference?

As others mentioned, maybe it is shocks. Did you get the EVO spec kings 2.5? Or just 2.5. There is a difference.

flectarn

Not sure how long you've had the enforcer. Have you driven in another enforcer rig to see if a difference?

As others mentioned, maybe it is shocks. Did you get the EVO spec kings 2.5? Or just 2.5. There is a difference.

I specifically got the Evo Spec'ed King 2.5's , to match specifically with the Evo Coil. Everything I read said you should get a coil and shock combo that are made for each other.

And to answer your first question: No. And that's because I have the Rock X Factor System which has 8 arms, front and rear track bar, etc. If that has any bearing on anything.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

It's your shocks. Rock krawler could are stiffer than evo.

JAGS

Hooked
I believe he is saying his Evo spec Kings and plush rides are stiffer than his RK springs and Fox 2.0's were.

Was just going say this. He's saying the EVO plush are more stiff than his RJk coils and Fox's.

This would be a first I think. But maybe it's true in his case, with his rig???

Top Bottom