I lowered the spare tire on my ACE rear bumper/carrier

zimm

Caught the Bug
I love my ACE rear bumper and tire carrier. But it mounts the tire high up in order to handle up to a 38" in diameter tire. Driving in urban traffic, my spare all but blocked my rear view unless a car was at least 100' behind me. It also made changing lanes hard.

ACE JK Pro Series Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier

My 315/75R17 Duratracs only measure 34" in diameter, so I had a lot of room to lower it down. I contacted ACE with a drawing of my design to make the bolt on stanton 3" lower than it comes. Cost for the custom made, powder coated piece? $65. Yes, that is awesome. $15 for shipping and I got it today. They added a small gusset to the bottom to help with stability.

My visibility is back! I can see the roof of a car behind me and I still have plenty of room above the bumper to the bottom of the tire.

Right now it's a custom piece, but if you order a new bumper, maybe you can specify a drop if you're only going to run a smaller tire.

Stock height tire:

Stock and new dropped version:

Before:

After:

View out the rearview mirror:

WJCO

Meme King
That is super cool that they would do that. :thumb: If I ever re-design mine, I will drop it as well. It blocks a lot.

Top Bottom