Hello from North Carolina!

Jpbullitt

Hello everyone!

My name is Jonathan. I'm from Hillsborough, North Carolina (about 10-15 minutes from Durham and chapel hill). I co-own a HVAC business that my dad started a little over 40 years ago, and I also do photography.

Just bought my first jeep back in November. 2015 Silver JKU. It's a little different than what I've owned but I can't wait to start modding it!

Here's a few of my past vehicles:

1999 Ford F-250
8" Icon lift (all leaf springs no blocks)
38x15.50x20 Nitto MG & 20x10 XD monsters
8 way switch tune (can't remember the company)
MBRP full exhaust

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452774477.125090.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452774487.361552.jpg

2004 Ford Mustang Cobra
Ported blower, tune, pulley, solid axle swap, etc.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452774397.933666.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452774445.753668.jpg

2009 Subaru WRX STi
Element tuning pro-comp built short block, turbo-back exhaust, rolled fenders to fit 275s

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452774519.082535.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1452774531.000763.jpg

Jpbullitt

Welcome to Wayalife! Those are some nice old vehicles!

Thank you! Definitely regret selling the cobra but I was young and dumb, got in a lot of trouble. If the f250 had been a crew cab I wouldn't of sold it. My wife was pregnant with our daughter and thought I'd need a bigger backseat so I got the Subaru haha

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome to WAL. I've had a couple similar vehicles myself. I assume your diesel was a 7.3? I bet your chip was dp-tuners. They make a lot of those tuner kits. Great company. I just sold a F350 with a 7.3L a couple years ago, had almost 300k on it and still running strong. Welcome aboard. Post pics with your Jeep mods.

Jpbullitt

Welcome to WAL. I've had a couple similar vehicles myself. I assume your diesel was a 7.3? I bet your chip was dp-tuners. They make a lot of those tuner kits. Great company. I just sold a F350 with a 7.3L a couple years ago, had almost 300k on it and still running strong. Welcome aboard. Post pics with your Jeep mods.

Thanks!

Yep it was a early 1999 7.3 so it had a different turbo wheel from the factory and slightly different injectors. Great truck! Just found the company it was a Power Hungry Performance Chip with: No Start/Stock/80hp/120hp/Smoke Show. (can be shifted on the fly)

So far the jeep is stock besides tint. Picture above.

Plan on doing 35s, gears, etc. just haven't made a set game plan yet lol but I do have a lead on some 35x12.50x17 on jk wheels for cheap that I might get just to get off theses tiny ones haha

One thing I need to do soon is replace these headlights, the stock ones are the worst I've ever seen haha. Thinking about truck lite or hid

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks!

Yep it was a early 1999 7.3 so it had a different turbo wheel from the factory and slightly different injectors. Great truck! Just found the company it was a Power Hungry Performance Chip with: No Start/Stock/80hp/120hp/Smoke Show. (can be shifted on the fly)

Sweet. Mine was an early 1999 as well. Supercrew Longbed, Big ass rig. Parking in Boulder kind of sucked because it is a greenie town with lots of compact cars. My DP tuners was almost identical to that, Shift on the fly and you could pic your settings before they sent it out to you.

Jpbullitt

Sweet. Mine was an early 1999 as well. Supercrew Longbed, Big ass rig. Parking in Boulder kind of sucked because it is a greenie town with lots of compact cars. My DP tuners was almost identical to that, Shift on the fly and you could pic your settings before they sent it out to you.

Oh the long bed was great, definitely won't have another truck without it. You're right though parking those beasts is impossible sometimes haha. We drove it everywhere but if I knew we planned on going to a town that's mainly compact parking we would drive my wife's car definitely had a few times where it wasn't planned and we couldn't park haha

Yep those were settings I picked out and they sent it too me, I remember dp tuners being the most popular. I went with PHP because they were a forum vendor and had a great Black Friday deal on it when I ordered

ncbmx64

Welcome from Raleigh. I do HVAC as well whats the name of your company maybe I have seen you around.

Jpbullitt

Welcome from Raleigh. I do HVAC as well whats the name of your company maybe I have seen you around.

Thanks! That's awesome! Where do you work? It's Penland Heating & Air, most of our residential work is in/around chapel hill & Durham but our commercial goes state wide.

kfchris

welcome from across the state line!

nice cobra, those things are just badass. I had an 04 for a bit when I was in the Navy

ncbmx64

Thanks! That's awesome! Where do you work? It's Penland Heating & Air, most of our residential work is in/around chapel hill & Durham but our commercial goes state wide.

I work for Brady services we do commercial/industrial HVAC. I stay mostly in Raleigh but we work all over the state.

Top Bottom