Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Jk6 hellcat

Insane can't wait to see it completed

I love the build list, I did a similar build on a 2 dr but stretched it to 108". - the Hemi which I will get to one day. I will be watching! Fun Times!
    IT'S JUST AN "X"

Are you going to race this rig?
    SEMPER FIDELIS!

2013 Black JKUR
    Zac Brown of the PNW

Quote Originally Posted by Skid_Kid View Post
    Are you going to race this rig?
    No, just want something that can go fast & crawl slow at the same time...anything that makes you smile every time you get behind the wheel, whether at Moab, the Rubicon, or getting beer at the local store is worth the effort...

Jk6 hellcat

Quote Originally Posted by Brute View Post
    No, just want something that can go fast & crawl slow at the same time...anything that makes you smile every time you get behind the wheel, whether at Moab, the Rubicon, or getting beer at the local store is worth the effort...
    Ohhh...... You are going to want to upgrade the driveline to a 1410 maybe even a 1480. With all that horsepower you might just twist a shaft off the starting gate with the skinny pedal to the the floor. JE Reel will make you custom shafts. Also 4.88's are kinda small for what you are doing, given you are going to run a 60 up front and 80 in the rear you might want 5.38's. Yes you adding horsepower to make up for less gearing, but if you don't tear through a 1350 driveshaft you might just rip the gear apart.

Are you sure the W5A580 Transmission is going to work? Are you upgrading the torque converter? That transmission is only rated for 428 foot pounds stock as is. You might have issues before even getting power to the driveshaft....

I can go on and on with other issues you are going to possibly have but let's start here.
    Last edited by Skid_Kid; 01-15-2016 at 02:37 AM.
    SEMPER FIDELIS!

2013 Black JKUR
    Zac Brown of the PNW

Good thing you did your research on suspension.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

2012 Dozer JK
    -Dynatrac PR44/Rubicon Rear
    -Nitto 37” Trail Grapplers
    -Rock Krawler 2.5” Lift
    -ATX Slabs
    -Warn VR8
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

2012 Billet Silver JKUR
    -EVO DTD front and rear
    -Dynatrac PR60/PR80
    -EVO High Clearance Long Arm
    -Nitto 40” Trail grapplers
    -KMC Machetes
    -JE Reel 1410/1350 Driveshafts
    -Warn CTI 9.5
    -EVO Armor/Bumpers

1975 DJ5

Knows a Thing or Two ScoobyCarolanNC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skid_Kid View Post
    Ohhh...... You are going to want to upgrade the driveline to a 1410 maybe even a 1480. With all that horsepower you might just twist a shaft off the starting gate with the skinny pedal to the the floor. JE Reel will make you custom shafts. Also 4.88's are kinda small for what you are doing, given you are going to run a 60 up front and 80 in the rear you might want 5.38's. Yes you adding horsepower to make up for less gearing, but if you don't tear through a 1350 driveshaft you might just rip the gear apart.

Are you sure the W5A580 Transmission is going to work? Are you upgrading the torque converter? That transmission is only rated for 428 foot pounds stock as is. You might have issues before even getting power to the driveshaft....

I can go on and on with other issues you are going to possibly have but let's start here.
    Wouldn't 5.38s have more of a twist & therefore less steel?

The Original Smartass piginajeep's Avatar
    2012 JK8
    1958 FC170 (Jeep Forward Control)
    1953 M38A1

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyCarolanNC View Post
    Wouldn't 5.38s have more of a twist & therefore less steel?
    If he goes with a 4.88 he should have 39-08 teeth and if it is a 5.38 43-08 teeth.
    SEMPER FIDELIS!

2013 Black JKUR
    Zac Brown of the PNW

Dynatrac D80 requires a 1410 u-joint , the D60 1350
    IT'S JUST AN "X"

Page 2 of 102 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast