Looking for 2.5" - 3" Lift Advise for 2015 JK Unlimited

dotnetrob

Purchased my first jeep back in March and am finally getting around to lifting it.

Looking for lift Advise

Look to do a 2.5" - 3" lift and put 35's on it. Budget? ~$1500 for the lift, wheels and tires will have a separate budget and will run stock for awhile after the lift.

Have been looking at and reading about options from a budget boost, or 2.5 Coil lift ( Teraflex or other brand), or 3" eov plush. Would prefer a coil/shock setup, think it would be better in the long run. But I am here for advise, a budget boost make make more sense?
Am a bit interested in the evo plush ride also, since my Jeep is a daily driver and gets alot of mileage. Stock ride quality is fine, but if the ride was a bit smoother after the lift, I wouldn't complain.

Looking for Shop? / Install Help

Have done alot of custom work to my own trucks for years, lowering and customizing them. Installed air bags, 4-links, and other suspension and body work and customization. But that was all 10+ years ago. Don't have many friends or help so may need up looking for a shop to install the lift for me. So if anyone know a good shop near Kansas City or a bit further, please let me know. If it any local fellow jeepers would be willing to help, would gladly pay for the help with food and libations. :beer:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Do you like the way your Jeep currently rides? If so, budget boost is a good option since it retains the ride quality while giving it some lift. A 2.5" BB will also give you enough room to put 35s on and most of them are fairly inexpensive.

JeepJeep75

Hi dotnetrob. I've been pondering a lift for over a year now too. Do as much research as you can before you buy. I thought I needed a crazy huge lift with all the trimmings but now I'm settled on the Enforcer 3 inch with (I think...) Rancho 9000xl shocks. Truth is I need to pay for this jeep by working, which means lots of paved road driving. The Enforcer fits my needs. Read up as much as you can on the lift you think you want and don't be afraid to ask questions about the lift you want BEFORE you buy it. You don't want to be in a position where you are defending an expensive lift you just bought and people tell you you wasted your money. Research research research research. If you hang out hear and read a bunch of build threads, you will get a great and invaluable understanding of what works, and what doesn't. Good luck with your decision. It's kind of a daunting task lifting a jeep and getting it to ride the way you want. Good luck.

The Enforcer w/ plush ride coils and Rancho 9k's rides awesome IMHO. been running that setup for a while now and it does great on and off road. Also provides the option to run 37s should you ever want to. My only concern would be your budget. Its gonna be be highly recommended that you get a new front drivine which is going to run you around $500, give or take.

dotnetrob

Do you like the way your Jeep currently rides? If so, budget boost is a good option since it retains the ride quality while giving it some lift. A 2.5" BB will also give you enough room to put 35s on and most of them are fairly inexpensive.

I am fine with the current ride quality, are there any BB kits that are better quality than others? Any particular BB kit you would recommend? Or ones to avoid?

dotnetrob

My only concern would be your budget. Its gonna be be highly recommended that you get a new front drivine which is going to run you around $500, give or take.

My budget is flexible, if i need a bit more $ to get the lift i desire. It just mean putting it off a bit more to save up the cost. What is the reasoning for replace it? Does a 3" lift push the need for it and a 2.5" doesn't? Sorry still new to lifting jeeps. :rolleyes2:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I am fine with the current ride quality, are there any BB kits that are better quality than others? Any particular BB kit you would recommend? Or ones to avoid?

Being that you are in an area where they salt the roads I would avoid the Rough Country one that I have. Unlike every other manufacturers that use solid rubber, they use steel spacers.

Teraflex sells the most complete kit but you can piece together others for less. I would also get a kit that comes with shock extensions.

My budget is flexible, if i need a bit more $ to get the lift i desire. It just mean putting it off a bit more to save up the cost. What is the reasoning for replace it? Does a 3" lift push the need for it and a 2.5" doesn't? Sorry still new to lifting jeeps. :rolleyes2:

Basically, Yes. The 2.5-3" range of lift height puts the angle of your factory Tcase/front DS joint in a constant state of pinch. It will eventually fail. Also, the angle increase will cause you to hit the factory driveshaft slip shaft boot on the exhaust, causing it to rip open. Then you loose all the grease, then it fails too.

Top Bottom