Steering stabilizer with PR44 and Synergy Steering

troy-bilt

Just got done installing my PR44 and Synergy Tie rod/drag link. What is everyone running for a steering stabilizer with this setup. Drives perfectly with out one but figure can't hurt to have one to save a little wear and tear.

P.S. Factory is long gone and the Rancho I had was blown at some point so nothing from old setup to move over to new.

tgoss

Just got done installing my PR44 and Synergy Tie rod/drag link. What is everyone running for a steering stabilizer with this setup. Drives perfectly with out one but figure can't hurt to have one to save a little wear and tear.

P.S. Factory is long gone and the Rancho I had was blown at some point so nothing from old setup to move over to new.

I have the exact same axle and tie rod / drag link getting installed today. I'll be running the Fox ATS until I can financially swing a hydro set up. Will definitely update later this week if you're interested in how it works out.

Buster3479

Find a takeoff stocker from someone who was led to believe they needed to "upgrade". It will function the same or better depending on what aftermarket one you end up with. I had a Fox ATS and liked it, but not worth the cost.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I vote factory untill you can upgrade to hydro assist. I ran a stock one on both my jks on 37s and it was more than enough.

Buster3479

Will the brackets work with the larger tie rod?

Sorry, I don't actually remember. I ran a Synergy Tie rod with both the Fox ATS, and later a stock stabilizer at one point in time. There are also two stock brackets, one with U-bolts, one with a bent metal clamp, I think the U-bolt one fits on a wider variety of tie rods. There are also several aftermarket clamps I've owned, including one by Synergy, but the bolt that fit in that might not make it through the newer stock SS, the older one had a different I.D. bushing.

In the long run, I've ditched everything Synergy off my rig, arms, TB, DL, TR, and replaced most of it for what I believe is better and stronger stock or other stuff. Sounds counter-intuitive to some, especially on other forums. If I can find a picture of what bracket I used when I had a stock one on with a Synergy TR, I'll let you know.

Sullivan

Fox steering stabilizer here. Same set up with PR44 and synergy steering components up front. Works good.

I'd say get the larger stabilizer. Why are we pinching pennies here when we purchased a Prorock? ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454359399.918974.jpg

CrazyLarry

I have the exact same axle and tie rod / drag link getting installed today. I'll be running the Fox ATS until I can financially swing a hydro set up. Will definitely update later this week if you're interested in how it works out.

Spending that much on a stabilizer is crazy especially if you want hydro assist. You can get the redneck ram hydro assist system for not much more than the fox ats. This system has been working flawlessly for me

Top Bottom