Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gearing up my new tool bags for the Jeep - What do you guys think about this?

Gearing up my new tool bags for the Jeep - What do you guys think about this?

http://www.amazon.com/Crescent-CX6PT...YWPE2QQM9QKY5H

I was looking at this and then carrying 1/2" for the larger sockets that are not covered by this kit... Versus buying an 1/2", 3/8" and 1/4" drives...

I had a box of sockets from years and years of different sets and was able to compile a decent about of sockets, in all 3 sizes, but was figuring something like this would def save some space...

So what do you guys think, this versus the good old socket wrenches...

I have a set almost like those except it's the Husky brand (Home Depot) and I do not like them at all. I prefer the traditional socket set. The trouble I have with those is anytime I have to put considerable force on the ratchet handle the socket would pop off. You really have to have it on a true 90 degree angle in order to get any grip. Just my

Been Around the Block
    I have the lowes brand, I carry in my work truck. I have put 3' pipe on the ratchet to break some rusted bolts with out busting the ratchet. Not to bad it's not snap on.

How do you guys separate your sockets?

I was looking at some pouches on amazon, but just wondering what creative ways you guys have come up with if any...

I got overnight travel bags from Walmart with multiple pockets and put them in there. I have two bags so I have more pockets but also to keep all the weight out of one bag. I had a Matco tool bag which I loved, but it was too big in my storage area along with my other stuff and was also VERY heavy to take out when looking for just one socket. The Matco bag lasted almost 10 years. The Walmart bags were just purchased about 6 months ago, I'm sure they won't last as long, lol. I've thought about getting plastic fishing tackle boxes too.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

I've found that those will work in a pinch but not great in the long run. They tend so round off bolts more than anything. And they won't hold up if you need to put some force behind them. I do keep a set of them though....... In my wife's....... Honda... LOL just kidding

got this off amazon for like $28... love it! Pouch isn;t the highest quality but it will keep they all together...

814-I5kGhXL._SL1500_.jpg

and your over night bag idea made me think of the shave bag I have for traveling, saw some cheap ones at ROSS i might check and see about... I just need a way to separate and hold the MM & SAE sockets separate, but together by drive size...

and yes, I am totally over thinking this - which if you know me I can't help myself...

Here's some quick pics of my setup. You'll see why I need the small flexible bags as opposed to a rigid bags/boxes based on my storage space. The welder in the pic isn't something I normally carry in the Jeep either. One of the overnight bags is for wrenches, and I keep the small and most-used ones in a separate pocket so they're easy to find. The other bag has most of my sockets and they are separated in a way that I find functional for me.

DSC02654.jpgDSC02655.jpgDSC02656.jpgDSC02662.jpgDSC02663.jpgDSC02659.jpgDSC02658.jpgDSC02660.jpg
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

Support the JL forum: JLWRANGLER.COM

Jeep JT GLADIATOR FORUM: www.JT-Gladiator.com

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    Here's some quick pics of my setup. You'll see why I need the small flexible bags as opposed to a rigid bags/boxes based on my storage space. The welder in the pic isn't something I normally carry in the Jeep either. One of the overnight bags is for wrenches, and I keep the small and most-used ones in a separate pocket so they're easy to find. The other bag has most of my sockets and they are separated in a way that I find functional for me.

DSC02654.jpgDSC02655.jpgDSC02656.jpgDSC02662.jpgDSC02663.jpgDSC02659.jpgDSC02658.jpgDSC02660.jpg
    Christ! You have a ton of stuff!

I usually get empty hard case tool boxes and use to carry tools. I also find the soft cases work well too. I had purchased a couple of Dewalt combo drill bit kits that come with bags I use as well.
    “Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace.”

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast