Nikon DSLR for jeeping videos

kfchris

Hey I don't know what you all use for the Wayalife videos but I have had a D90 Nikon for a few years now. I was wanting to make some videos with it, as I like documenting as much as the actual trail running itself. I haven't been out and used this camera for a while now (been out of jeeps for a few years). I have a Sigma 1-14mm Ultrawide lense (almost like a fisheye but without the bulgy fisheye look). I think if I can find a decent microphone to use with the frame and this or the stock (18-55 kit lens) it'll be good for videos?
More going to hit local trails and in the state areas ie Windrock, Uwharrie, Gulches, The Flats.

Any input or thoughts? I'll tackle the video editing when I get to that, but I have a decent macbook pro 15 now that I like and I think would be good for what I'm going to do. Nothing too high end or 4K but the D90 I believe shoots good 720p video.

Wethy

I think the D90 would do a decent job! I use a GoPro(the hero naked, so about 4 yrs old) and while it works great during the day the night filming is horrible, I also use my iPhone for small stuff and it works quite well. My girlfriend who does most of the filming as she doesn't do well with the roller coaster up and down feeling of some of the trails we use uses a Nikon P610 which takes excellent 720p and decent 1080 and the sounds not too bad either. I would recommend just trying it out and go from there. See how the video turns out in low light situations as well. As far as the sound well I can't speak for your camera and all I can offer is to just try it and see what happens lol

kfchris

I have no idea about night work with the camera, I have a few lenses that are great at night but that's something that a more capable camera might be able to shoot...but night work isn't really what I'm going for just decent quality definition videos. There are a lot out there that are decent but I was hoping to be able to more capture the experience. Figured this was a good place to start!

Wethy

I have no idea about night work with the camera, I have a few lenses that are great at night but that's something that a more capable camera might be able to shoot...but night work isn't really what I'm going for just decent quality definition videos. There are a lot out there that are decent but I was hoping to be able to more capture the experience. Figured this was a good place to start!

Then I say just go for it ha ha! Use what you have and enjoy yourself ha ha

Top Bottom