Wave from Connecticut!

YAYMUD

Absolutely Love the Youtube Channel, and have been active in other Jeep and JK forums. Sending a big wave and :thumb: from the east coast in Connecticut! Looking forward to reading the forums here, and getting to know everyone. My current JK will likely be for sale soon, as it is a 2door, but Im going to do a 4door soon. My Jeep activities are light to moderate wheeling around CT, New Jersey, and Catskills Jeep Jamboree. I used to love the mud, Hence the name YAYMUD (which is my CT plate #) however, I'm more into the rocks these days. My goal is to build a good Rock crawling rig that is more capable and durable than I need so I can drive home after every run!

My current 2 door is a 2007 rubicon. Mods are as follows:

Factory Options include:
Soft top, Full doors, Power windows, power Door locks, Steel Rock Rails, Electric Differential Lockers (Front and Rear), Electric Sway bar disconnect, 6Disc CD, Tow Package

Aftermarket Mods Include:
4.5" Rubicon Express "Extreme Duty" four-link Chromoly Long-Arm Lift kit with Shocks
Heavy Duty Steering Damper with Custom Bracket
Set of Five 37" BFGoodrich Mud Terrain T/A KM2 Tires
17x8" Procomp LaPaz Matte Black (simulated beadlock) Wheels
Bushwhacker Fender Flares with LED Lights
Smittybilt SRC Winch Bumper with Stinger and recovery Rings
Superwinch EPi9 9000 lb winch w/ 150' steel cable,
Front and Rear Double Cardan 1350 Drive shafts by J.E.Reel,
Lengthened braided steel Brake Lines,
Cobra 40 Channel C.B. Radio with Amplifier antenna,
Front and Rear Fire Extinguishers,
Smittybilt cargo net,
Smittybilt Spare tire carrier, (carries full size 37" spare on rear door.) - with Lock
Hood mounted 60" high lift Jack,
Windshield washer spray nozzle relocation kit,
Side Mirror Relocation to windshield hinge (retains mirrors when doors are off)
Bestop Element tube doors and Enclosures (gives option of solid or tube Half doors - (Flat Black)
Quadratec Mirrors for Half doors
Widshield Hinge mounted KC Daylighter Off-Road Lights,
Rear (Tow reciever mounted) D-ring recovery point,

5:38 Re-Gear!!!

Stretched Wheel base.

My Plans for my next (soon) build with 4 doors:

Dynatrac Pr rock 60's/5:13 or 5:38/ARB lockers and on board compressor capable of air tool use.
Off road evolution bolt on coil over kit
4.5" Rubicon express extreme duty 4 link long arm lift
J.E. Reel or Tom Woods drive shafts
Warn winch
Smitty SRC stinger
Rear bumper/Tire carrier
Bushwhacker or poison spider crusher flares
Rock sliders, skid plates
37" nitto trail grapplers or BFG KM2's
Hutchinson D.O.T compliant Beadlock Wheels
Goal is superior off road capability in a daily Driver. (Isnt that everyone's goal??)

Still pricing all this stuff out, but thats my plan.

Anyway, I'm sure you will all be hearing from me!

Big Wave!!

Last edited:

YAYMUD

I wave... I get a middle finger in return.. Nice...

Clearly the moderators think I'm just here to sell my Jeep since it just coincidentally happened to be one of my first posts here... Its not the only reason I came here, as I've said, Ive been a subscriber on Youtube for quite a while, and was watching some of the videos again recently and decided to check out the WAL forums. I intended to start reading around at some of the other build threads to get some Ideas for my Upcoming four door purchase and build up, but I needed to sell my 2 door first.. So it dawned on me to put an add up here to guage any interest. All I got was accusations to my intentions and motive, and snarky remarks about the vintage of my JK. And rather than upload the photos to my ad here I added a link to my One drive so they could be viewed more easily... That link was removed and I was threatened. This really seems like a nice forum so far...

WJCO

Meme King
Clearly the moderators think I'm just here to sell my Jeep since it just coincidentally happened to be one of my first posts here... Its not the only reason I came here, as I've said, Ive been a subscriber on Youtube for quite a while, and was watching some of the videos again recently and decided to check out the WAL forums. I intended to start reading around at some of the other build threads to get some Ideas for my Upcoming four door purchase and build up, but I needed to sell my 2 door first.. So it dawned on me to put an add up here to guage any interest. All I got was accusations to my intentions and motive, and snarky remarks about the vintage of my JK. And rather than upload the photos to my ad here I added a link to my One drive so they could be viewed more easily... That link was removed and I was threatened. This really seems like a nice forum so far...

If you decided to sell the Jeep a week ago, why not post the for sale ad on your first post? :thinking: If you're here to share and gain info about Jeeps, time will tell and you'll fit in just fine. And I don't think anyone gave you the middle finger.

YAYMUD

Welcome to WAL. How about a posting a picture of your rig.
Heres my baby! But I think I'm ready to get into a four door version. I have two kids now and am using a seperate car to tote them around. I'd rather be driving a Jeep!!!
IMG_3132.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3132.jpg
    IMG_3132.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 47

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Threatened?! Oh my, please feel free to pull your panties out of that terrible wad they are in. I did accuse you of being here to sell your shit because, this post to me reads like a build up to your "for sale" post. Your SECOND post on here. Perception is reality, I perceived that you were here to sell your shit and right now I perceive you as being a pansy.

Scrambler

I'm not seeing where you were threatened anywhere in this post or your for sale post. All that is trying to be conveyed to you, is that no one knows you, your intentions, and the fact that WOL isn't Craigslist. If you had gone on a few runs or met some of the folks on here, then selling your Jeep wouldn't have been a big deal because you would have people that know you and could vouch for you.

YAYMUD

If you decided to sell the Jeep a week ago, why not post the for sale ad on your first post? :thinking: If you're here to share and gain info about Jeeps, time will tell and you'll fit in just fine. And I don't think anyone gave you the middle finger.

I was exploring my options for the last day or two but I decided to sell the Jeep this morning... Incidentally AFTER I joined the forum. Its Just a coincidence that I happened to try out this forum and made the decision to post an ad the same day. Didn't realize that was such a breach of etiquette. This is the first and only forum I've posted it on so far, and is not the only reason I came. I would normally have posted to the other forums first, but I was already here.

Since it seems to bother people so much I will just remove the ad. God Damn.

YAYMUD

Threatened?! Oh my, please feel free to pull your panties out of that terrible wad they are in. I did accuse you of being here to sell your shit because, this post to me reads like a build up to your "for sale" post. Your SECOND post on here. Perception is reality, I perceived that you were here to sell your shit and right now I perceive you as being a pansy.

well threatening with disabling my account... Sorry if my wave seemed like a "build up" to an ad, -it wasn't. Its was just supposed to introduce myself, describe what I was currently running and voice my intention to start a new build. I was informed by my wife this morning that I couldnt start a new jeep till I sold this one, so while I was here reading other stuff I opted to post up an add here to see what people thought. now I know.

YAYMUD

Give the man the benefit of the doubt for freaking sake!

Welcome man!

Thank you. Honestly I couldn't care less if I sell it here over any other method. Have'nt even started putting out any real ads yet, Just a quickie on the 'for sale' thread here while I was here looking at other stuff... I've participated in other Jeep and JK specific forums before, but I came here because I see Eddie and his relationship with Mel and the crew at EVO, and I respect their skills knowledge and awesome builds. Now that starting a new project has been "wife approved" I figured the guys here would have the best input on the newer four doors and their respective buildability. Until now Ive always resisted selling my Jeep even when I was getting pressure from the wife. Money isn't so tight anymore, so I'm researching my next rig that has a usable back seat for the kids. (didn't have any kids in 2007). Specifically with respect to axles, housings and options. I'm considering not starting with a Rubicon this time, despite the better Tcase, because I will likely want stronger axles right out of the gate anyway, so why pay for the Front D44 if I'm not going to keep it anyway?... I don't wheel quite as hard or often as most of the guys on here, because I have to be able to keep my rig capable all the time, and the wife flips her shit if I break stuff. MY thoughts so far are to go with a rubicon for the Tcase and interior, and just upgrade the axle housings with Pro rock 44 filled with the Stock Dana44 Internals, or to start with a base model, option the interior, and go with fully built upgraded axles out of the gate. But that can be more expensive than just paying the Premium for the Rubicon. Those were my thoughts coming here, and seeing some Awesome four door rigs from the guys on WayaLife I figured this would be a great place to bounce ideas off people with experience with those particular Jeeps. I just haven't gotten to do as much reading today as I wanted to because I spent the day defending my intentions in placing a poorly timed ad.
Hopefully I can look around at some of the build threads and get some ideas, and people will put their teeth and claws away.

Thanks for the nice welcome.

MrHooah04

If down the road you know you'll be replacing everything from the t case to say an atlas .. with new axels as well, than a sport would be a solid starting point.

YAYMUD

If down the road you know you'll be replacing everything from the t case to say an atlas .. with new axels as well, than a sport would be a solid starting point.

I figured.. I'm not interested in paying extra for shit I'm going to replace anyway, you know?

Top Bottom