Deciding on what lift?

TimOHthy

So I'm going to start this by saying I'm new here and was hoping somebody with more experience could help me out. I just recently got my first jeep, 2013 2 door sport and I'm looking at installing a lift. I'm considering doing a 2.5" budget boost and I'd like to run 33s. I've been looking at either rough country or maybe a tera flex kit. Any suggestions on what to go with? I also have the stock steel wheels I think they're 16x7? Should I replace those also? I was looking at the procomp steel wheels. Again any advice would be appreciated.

RockyJk

You can run 33's with out a lift, the tires might rub a little when turning. You can run your stock wheels with spacers or get new wheels with less backspacing to prevent rubbing

TimOHthy

You can run 33's with out a lift, the tires might rub a little when turning. You can run your stock wheels with spacers or get new wheels with less backspacing to prevent rubbing

Would that work okay on trails with articulation or would I be better off with no lift and ay be 32s?

Stanleykuenzle

I would go with 33", stock wheels with spacers and the 2.5" lift.

I think you would be fine on trails. Plenty of Jeeps are running 35" tires or even bigger ones (The bigger the tires, the more space between rocks and your axles and underbody parts)

I'm running 33" on stock 17" rims with spacers and a 2" lift. And haven't got any problems with rubbing in the fenders. Articulation is ok for the trails we have here...

Next I will invest in longer swaybar links.

Cheers :D

Stanley

Last edited:

TimOHthy

I would go with 33", stock wheels with spacers and the 2.5" lift.

I think you would be fine on trails. Plenty of Jeeps are running 35" tires or even bigger ones (The bigger the tires, the more space between rocks and your axles and underbody parts)

I'm running 33" on stock 17" rims with spacers and a 2" lift. And haven't got any problems with rubbing in the fenders. Articulation is ok for the trails we have here...

Next I will invest in longer swaybar links.

Cheers :D

Stanley

Awsome, yeah I'm thinking I'm just going to do the 33's stock for a bit and if fitment is an issue I'll do the lift then. Other issue is I know lifts void my extended warranty lol

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I've been running the RC 2.5" BB with 35s for a little over a year and a half now. I recommend it as long as you don't live in an area where they heavily salt the roads. They are the only company that uses steel spacers instead of rubber. I agree wit the others, you should do the 33s with out an lift and determine after that if you still want to lift it.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If you only want 33's then no need to add a lift as they will fit perfectly without one.

Wethy

Agree with cozdude they will fit. I put mine on And drove around on it for a few months before I lifted my jeep.here a before and after pic for reference
Before
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453467787.481816.jpg

After
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1453467823.065131.jpg

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
As others have mentioned, you can run 33s with out a lift.

Personally I would look at a leveling kit at minimum just for looks. A budget boost will let you run 35s. It will still look ok with 33s though.

I would try to find some 17 inch rims instead of the 16s. Mostly just due to tire availability. You can find factory take offs for fairly cheap usually. If you run the factory rims and go with a 33x12.50 you will need wheel spacers. Get lug and hub centric ones like the ones Spydertrax sells. If you go with aftermarket rims at the same times you do tires, you don't need wheel spacers as long as you have the proper backspacing.

austin160

33's will fit w/o a lift, however mine were rubbing when I would turn hard and back up. I went with a RC 2.5 coil lift and love it. Easy to install and rides good. With and without lift on 285/70r17 MT Baja ATZ P3 with MT Classic III wheels.
Jeep lift.jpg 1464622_10205374057730221_1129248290107350968_n.jpg

TimOHthy

33's will fit w/o a lift, however mine were rubbing when I would turn hard and back up. I went with a RC 2.5 coil lift and love it. Easy to install and rides good. With and without lift on 285/70r17 MT Baja ATZ P3 with MT Classic III wheels.
View attachment 183780 View attachment 183781

Jeep looks good with that lift, I'll have to do some research on it. From what I've seen of their products it should definitely keep me right where I Wana be budget wise lol

Wethy

Oh sweet, yeah it looks pretty good in the before picture actually. Of course it looks better with the lift tho lol. Thank you for the comparison photos it's nice to see both.

No problem I figured since you had a 2dr it would be nice to see a before and after of so you can make your own decision. I did end up needing spacers for the wheels as when I turned all the way it rubbed on the sway bar and that was with 285/70/17s(33/11.50) other than that there was no rubbing I lifted to have a bit higher breakover Angle and for looks I did use a coil lift instead of a budget boost but it'll look close to that ha ha

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I have always used RC on my vehicles. Some on here say it rides horrible, but it's a jeep not a Cadillac.

Yet there are other products that ride better for roughly the same price. Just cause it aint a caddy dont mean it has to ride like shit.

Top Bottom