Winter weather tires

JEEP212121

Looking into new tires. What are the best tires to run in the snow. I'm in Tennessee so it just shows up out of no where usually without warning and I want to have tires that can get me to and from work without any issues no matter the depth of the snow. So throw it out there... Best snow tires year round...... GO

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
The ones that are winter rated (that I know of) are:
Nitto - Exo Grappler
BFG - KO2s
Goodyear - Duratracs

If you want 37s the only option right now are the KO2s. The 37 EXO grapplers are slated to be released soon.

swampdog

The KO2's are awesome in the ice / snow. Been playing all morning in the winter weather and they are really impressing me.

TennJK

The KO2's are awesome in the ice / snow. Been playing all morning in the winter weather and they are really impressing me.

X2 on that. I have been out and about in the snow all morning and they handle great.

Last edited:

Sudz

General Grabber AT2s get it done for me. Snow rated.

I run them on my C1500 Pickup and my 4 door Tahoe.

imo, KO2s are overpriced.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Ive had several sets of the original KOs. I would run a set of the KO2s if I were looking.

This! I've run the BFG all terrains in the snow and ice in Colorado, Northern Arizona and Idaho. I have used a wide array of good, reputable name brand tired and the BFGs gave me the most traction during acceleration and braking than any of the others. I have also heard great things about the Duratracs too. What size tires are you looking for OP?

JEEP212121

This! I've run the BFG all terrains in the snow and ice in Colorado, Northern Arizona and Idaho. I have used a wide array of good, reputable name brand tired and the BFGs gave me the most traction during acceleration and braking than any of the others. I have also heard great things about the Duratracs too. What size tires are you looking for OP?

35x12.50.17

twoxstreem

My Toyo RT's are much better than the Nitto Trail Grapplers I had last winter. They track better and the treads clear better that the Nittos. I am very happy with their winter performance.

37x12.5x17

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
35x12.50.17

I did a little research on the subject when I thought I was moving to Fairbanks, Alaska. The tires that I know of that are 3 peak snowflake rated for winter driving and come in a 35" or metric equivalent are:

BF Goodrich All Terrain TA KO2
Goodyear Duratrac
Nitto Exo Grappler
General Grabber AT2
Kumho Road Venture AT51
Kanati Trail Hog

For me personally, I would stick with a well known, reputable tire brand that offers good, nationwide support. Of the ones I listed, I would go with the BFG, Goodyear or Nitto. As mentioned before, I have had great luck with the BFGs and they worked great in the rain as well.

Weeeee

I have the Nitto Exo Grapplers on a 2016 JKUR and they are awesome in the snow! I have also had Duratracs on my TJ they were good but I like the EXO's better.

pahlbfishn

Colorado game wardens use Dura Tracs running in all kinds of weather and terrains. That's what's on my jeep with no problems in Colorado.

My Duratracs are seeing a great winter with plenty of snow and ice here in Canada with no issues at all. Love em!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459001527.144644.jpg

They've also seen some off-road miles as well and handle that just fine too.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459001777.742184.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459001829.378221.jpg

They're quiet on pavement and have excellent road manners at highway speeds.

315x12.5x17

explorebc4x4

I currently have duratracs and they have been great so far in snow. I'm terrible at driving in the snow so I need all the help I can get. Both on the highway and on FSRs in snow they have performed very well.

That being said, I used to have the bfg's on another vehicle and they were also very good in the snow. I just went with the duratracs because they were considerably cheaper than the bfg at's.

Top Bottom