Trail tools and extra parts

jeeper52

LOSER
Hey guys im curious to hear what everyone is carrying with in the jeep as far as tools and extra parts go. Ive been trying to get some things together and i can see already that the weight is adding up. I know its better to have it and not need than to need and not have it but i dont want to over do it. Let me know what you guys bring with you and any ideas you have of good parts to bring just incase. Thanks!

jeeper52

LOSER
Didn't you install your double throw down? All those wrenches and sockets.

Yeah i know wrenches,sockets,allen and hex sockets are kinda of a given as well as various fluids. What about parts? I only took my Jeep out 1 once because i finished it so late in the year so i dont have a ton of wheelin time to figure out what to bring in terms of parts.

jeeper52

LOSER
I already planned on bringing some psc lines,wheel studs and lugnuts. What about break lines,tie rod ends,extra psc pump,u joints ect? Just want to find a common ground without being a mobile shop.

jeeeep

Hooked
I've never had a thermostat go out. I always check my hoses before long trips, if i feel soft spots then I replace them - but that doesn't happen very often either.
aside from tools;
ujoints, antifreeze, oil, spill mats, latex gloves, tp, hydrosteer hose, fluid, clamps and steering box caps in case i need to remove or bypass the psc ram

Last edited:

professorkx

Besides all the normal mechanic type tools folks have listed, I also carry:

- cables that have been setup as a 2 battery welding system and 2011 rod, gloves, sleeves and goggles.
- big bar to bend things back in shape
- Shovel and Ax
- three rolls of 14 gauge wire, connectors, heat shrink tubing and meter
- Four 2" x 30' recovery straps, with 4 D rings and 2 snatch blocks
- Dead Blow and 10 pound sledge with short handle
- The Right Stuff to seal leaks
- 1 gallon of Antifreeze and gear oil, plus other essential oils
- 2" ratchet strap
- TRAUMA kit to fix people
- compressor is under the hood
- 6 gallons of gas
- 4 gallons of water
- Extra belt
- Tire repair kit
- Impact
- High lift jack
- metric nut/bolt kit
- SAE nut/bolt kit
- 100 feet 550 cord
- duct tape
- 3 pair of gloves
- zip ties
- 2 pyrophoric steel sticks to make fire
- 10x20 tarp
- lots of other stuff too numerous to list

Still up in the air on rear axles...

I am adding a ResQlink before our first big trip.

Top Bottom