Alloy USA ball joints

Robs_Red_JK

Hi everyone I was hoping to get some input to see if anybody has used the Alloy USA heavy duty ball joints for there jeep. I need to replace mine and have been looking at these since mine wore out 6 months after putting 35s onto it and I would like something to last a little longer than that. Any input would be great, I am mainly looking at these because I can get them from my work but if there is something better I would be happy to hear about them also.

shipjim

I tried Moog...failed 6000mi.
Went to Synergy 35,000 and counting. We do wheel Rockies and Moab.

WarriorJeep

The moog's i installed on my other of road vehicle didn't even last that long...i have some synergy waiting to be installed on the 2015 jku as soon as i get home from rehab

OkstateJK

I installed them Sunday. There is a thread going on about the feel after the install. Alloy and Synergy are the same thing.

Until they're broken in, the steering is very "tight" or sticky. The steering wheel doesn't want to return to center and the jeep feels a bit unpredictable.

Mine are starting to loosen up after 150 miles and feel better every mile. I've heard 500-1000 miles is the typical break-in period to be back to normal.

Here is the thread: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?6723-Steering-seems-flighty-after-ball-joint-install

Robs_Red_JK

Ok great thanks for the feedback everyone! That is especially good to know about the break-in because i probably would have lost it if I put it all back together and it didnt want to steer right haha:eek: I talked to Dana about it to see if they made heavy duty ones for larger tires, there answer was that there is noting wrong with the stock ones and larger tires, you just have to change them more often.:cheesy: I will give the Alloy ones a try then and see how they hold up. Thanks again everyone!:beer:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
How long do OEM ball joints tend to last if your running 255/75R17, just a touch larger than stock? I'm asking because the place around here wnts to remove the ball joints to weld on my evo gussets, but I don't want to change then needlessly. I may just wait until I wait to get 35's and do the gussets and ball joints in one swoop.

WJCO

Meme King
How long do OEM ball joints tend to last if your running 255/75R17, just a touch larger than stock? I'm asking because the place around here wnts to remove the ball joints to weld on my evo gussets, but I don't want to change then needlessly. I may just wait until I wait to get 35's and do the gussets and ball joints in one swoop.

Ball joints typically last around 100k. Depends on how you drive the Jeep though too. You don't need the gussets now, so I would wait myself if you're planning on doing some stuff later. Many others on here have pointed out that you can weld them with the ball joints in if you go slow.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ball joints typically last around 100k. Depends on how you drive the Jeep though too. You don't need the gussets now, so I would wait myself if you're planning on doing some stuff later. Many others on here have pointed out that you can weld them with the ball joints in if you go slow.

What the fuck are you smoking? 100k miles?!

Wethy

I'm at 75,000km(45,000 miles) with my ball joints they're currently fine and I'm running 285/70/17s on stock rims with 1.5" wheel spacers. I'm not too hard on my jeep though so 80% on road. I can't imagine they will last much longer though and that's stock balljoints as reference for the OP ran 255/75/17s for 40 of the 75K

Last edited:

utiadam

LOSER
My stock ones lasted 30k. I now have 25k on my dynatrac ball joints. If any can last 100k i think it would be these.

WarriorJeep

I have 23k on my JKU, my OEM ball joins are pretty close to shot which is about what I expected. They would have lasted to 30k but...Synergy install tomorrow....:rock:

Tee

what about the Terra flex ball joints? they say lifetime warranty. Has anyone used them.

dwvninety

Any feedback on the Terraflex HD ball joints ?
I already have a set of AlloyUSA mounted for 10K miles now and it's getting sloppy, and ball joints are not common un europe so I'll have to import them (again).

For that amount of money I would just pony up for Dynatracs. You will never need to pop out another ball joint as you can rebuilt them without having to pop them out.

Top Bottom