Exhaust Kit...

Ghost_Jeep_Girl

Looking to add an exhaust kit... (Magnaflow Black Series Exhaust) Good/Bad, Weak/Loud? Suggestions, comments and opinions appreciated!! New to the jeep world. 😊

The magnaflow kit is pretty popular. It has a good sound and exits in front of the rear axle giving you a bit more clearance in the rear for off roading. If you do a search there have been a few on here that have done write ups on it and I believe that Eddie even posted a sound clip so you could hear what it sounds like.:thumb:

Ghost_Jeep_Girl

Oh jeez, I've been searching the forum back and forth looking for info so that I didn't have to start a repetitive thread. I figured there would be a few already. So embarrassing... (Gonna go hide inside my jeep now 🙈🙊)

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Oh jeez, I've been searching the forum back and forth looking for info so that I didn't have to start a repetitive thread. I figured there would be a few already. So embarrassing... (Going to go hide inside my jeep now )

Matt at Dynomax is a preferred vendor here. PM him and I'll bet he'll have some info for you too.

kfchris

That new (I'm pretty sure it's this one) Dynamax with rear muffler seems like a great kit. I'm leaning toward that personally. nothing against magnaflow but I think the other just sounds a bit better, and it's better clearance for offroad.

projectMMTB

I have the magnaflow and it's great. But my buddy has the Flowmaster American thunder and I love it and will probably be switching to that soon. It sounds mean

The magnaflow kit is pretty popular. It has a good sound and exits in front of the rear axle giving you a bit more clearance in the rear for off roading. If you do a search there have been a few on here that have done write ups on it and I believe that Eddie even posted a sound clip so you could hear what it sounds like.:thumb:

Shit! I just re-read my post and realized I wrote magnaflow... I meant dynomax. Guess I drank a little too much last night:doh:

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm currently running the dynomax vt series, it's quiet around town but opens up when I'm on the freeway.
no drone on the long trips.

Ghost_Jeep_Girl

I really like the dual tips and the black finish on the Magnaflow, but I see most people going with the Dynomax. It's so hard to choose! Anyone have a sound clip they'd like to share of their exhaust? Appreciate the help!! ;)

Last edited:

Evil

I have the magnaflow and it's great. But my buddy has the Flowmaster American thunder and I love it and will probably be switching to that soon. It sounds mean

Is his the one that puts the muffler after the cats and has a single pipe all the way out?

Didnt mean to hijack the thread but interested in a different exhaust system too.

toxicwaste29

I put the dynomax comp muffler right where the stock resonator is and then I also got rid of the stock muffler. Sounds good imo

Whatever you go with save the receipt. Most companies offer some sort of limited lifetime warranty. The limited part is if you put a rock into it, well it's on you. :icon_crazy:
Get a system that is stainless steel, they just last longer.
Ours are Made in USA (same as Magnaflow and honestly most out there)
What sets us a part is our 90 day sound and performance guarantee.
http://www.dynomax.com/warranty-guarantee/

Performance & Sound Guarantee

We challenge you to try our DynoMax® performance mufflers* risk-free for 90 days - if our products* don't meet the challenge, call us for your money back.

Most on here prefer a system that relocates the muffler in front of the rear axle so to protect it from the rocks.
We offer three different systems that accomplishes this.
Our Evolution Competition system is a "pre dump" and dumps in front of the rear axle. About a 6 or so on sound.
Our "rock crawler" system that relocates the muffler in front of the rear axle but dumps out the back. 5-6 on sound, but quieter than the Comp system.
And our newest system the QuietCrawler system which uses two mufflers inline under the JKU (only the 4 door has space for this) great sound and not loud at all.

Good luck in your choice!!

Edit Usually in the Spring (March 1st sounds like a great date) we offer a mail in rebate so that can save you a bit of money.

Looking to add an exhaust kit... (Magnaflow Black Series Exhaust) Good/Bad, Weak/Loud? Suggestions, comments and opinions appreciated!! New to the jeep world. 

Last edited:

sjd78

The Dynomax comp exhaust is loud. I have it exiting out the back with the muffler in the location of the stock resonator and while it doesn't resonate it is very loud. I will likely change it when I figure out something that can be installed in the same location, sound decent but not so loud. Also, my jeep felt like it lost low end power after installing the Dynomax so that's something to consider as well...

With a 4 door you have the room to be able to "stack" another muffler in there. Look for a 2.5" I/O the longest you can find.
On our dyno testing we see gains (minimal) through out the power band.

:beer:

The Dynomax comp exhaust is loud. I have it exiting out the back with the muffler in the location of the stock resonator and while it doesn't resonate it is very loud. I will likely change it when I figure out something that can be installed in the same location, sound decent but not so loud. Also, my jeep felt like it lost low end power after installing the Dynomax so that's something to consider as well...

kbp810

Caught the Bug
With a 4 door you have the room to be able to "stack" another muffler in there. Look for a 2.5" I/O the longest you can find.
On our dyno testing we see gains (minimal) through out the power band.

:beer:

Correct! I liked the sound of this system on my '10, but on the '15 with the 3.6 I found it quite loud and obnoxious. I ended up splicing in a 17" resonator (went with flowmaster HP2) behind the muffler, and it made a world of difference. Compared to stock, it's slightly louder and deeper at idle, but otherwise similar... and of course still keeps everything nice and tucked up out of the way.

WHAT!?!!?!?!! :bleh:

Good info and thanks for this info!

Correct! I liked the sound of this system on my '10, but on the '15 with the 3.6 I found it quite loud and obnoxious. I ended up splicing in a 17" resonator (went with flowmaster HP2) behind the muffler, and it made a world of difference. Compared to stock, it's slightly louder and deeper at idle, but otherwise similar... and of course still keeps everything nice and tucked up out of the way.

kbp810

Caught the Bug
WHAT!?!!?!?!! :bleh:

Good info and thanks for this info!

(sorry dynomax...) lol!

At the time it seemed to be the best compromise I could find between ideal length and the largest diameter I could get away with without getting too cozy with the evap can. But, had this not been a success, we'd be having a conversation about that quiet crawler setup right about now! (and/or if I had this to do over again, I'd saved myself the headache and gone that route from day one)

WJCO

Meme King
(sorry dynomax...) lol!

... the best compromise I could find between ideal length and the largest diameter I could get away with without getting too cozy with the evap can......

Sounds like a failed bedroom event.........

sjd78

So you installed the resonator after the muffler?

Top Bottom