Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Evo Leveling Kit vs Teraflex Budget Boost

Quote Originally Posted by GraniteCrystal View Post
    The Evo kit comes with their 2" plush ride coils. What would I gain from stepping up to their 3" coils?
    If you got the enforcer kit you would have a great lift to run 35's w/ full fenders and then you can keep the same lift for if you move to 37's. You would just need to cut your fenders and maybe extend your bumpstops a bit.
    Jeep parts and accessories purchased through the following link will help support this forum and at no cost to you.
    RECOMMENDED JEEP PARTS & ACCESSORIES

October 16, 2013, wednesday early evening, east of the pacific ocean, selectee for truly random and boring Parking lot photo of the moment grand platinum prize winner!

2011 JK
    EVO Bolt-on Coilovers, EVO 1/4 pounder w/ stinger, 37" Cooper STT Pros, PR44, and some EVO stuff

Awaiting install-
    On Order-
    Want list- Evo carrier and skins, PSC hydro assis

jlwrangler.com

Quote Originally Posted by cozdude View Post
    If you got the enforcer kit you would have a great lift to run 35's w/ full fenders and then you can keep the same lift for if you move to 37's. You would just need to cut your fenders and maybe extend your bumpstops a bit.
    Enforcer kit? Now you're talking actual lift kit right? I think my $200-$300 budget just died

Enforcer kit? Now you're talking actual lift kit right? I think my $200-$300 budget just died
    Yes and no. By getting the Enforcer now you would save that $200-$300 by not having to buy twice. All depends on your current end goals.
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    Yes and no. By getting the Enforcer now you would save that $200-$300 by not having to buy twice. All depends on your current end goals.
    And I could join the cool Enforcers Unite thread!

Maybe in a few years. Right now I'm just trying to go to 35s and keeping the budget low. The budget boost and leveling kit in OP are both in the same ball park of each other.

Assuming I stay in the $200-$300 range, which one would you do?

My advice would be, if you like the feel of your current ride, go with the budget boost. It's a good, cheap way to get 35s underneath you without sacrificing stock ride quality. If you want something softer than stock, go with the EVO leveling kit. It will retain your stock feel in the rear and soften things up a bit in the front. If your heavy in the front you can just add a small spacer and still retain the softer ride. Either way, you will need to trim your fenders and possibly pinch seams depending on the year of your rig. Please keep in mind that depending on what factory gears you have, you may be looking at a regear with 35s as well. Good luck with your purchase!
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmericanInfidel View Post
    My advice would be, if you like the feel of your current ride, go with the budget boost. It's a good, cheap way to get 35s underneath you without sacrificing stock ride quality. If you want something softer than stock, go with the EVO leveling kit. It will retain your stock feel in the rear and soften things up a bit in the front. If your heavy in the front you can just add a small spacer and still retain the softer ride. Either way, you will need to trim your fenders and possibly pinch seams depending on the year of your rig. Please keep in mind that depending on what factory gears you have, you may be looking at a regear with 35s as well. Good luck with your purchase!
    Thanks!

It's a 2014; need to trim seems?

Yes, planning on regearing to 4.88

And I could join the cool Enforcers Unite thread!

Maybe in a few years. Right now I'm just trying to go to 35s and keeping the budget low. The budget boost and leveling kit in OP are both in the same ball park of each other.

Assuming I stay in the $200-$300 range, which one would you do?
    Well I already did the 2.5" BB & 35s route. I always recommend the BB if you like your factory ride quality.

Edit: You do not need to trim your fenders if you go the BB route.
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Thanks!

It's a 2014; need to trim seems?

Yes, planning on regearing to 4.88
    Nope, your good to go with your pinch seams. Depending on how much flex you get, you may need to trim a few inches off your Rubi rails, but that's super easy to do. I should have known it was a 2014 given your screen name lol!
    "A Warrior Lives a life of contradiction, for he strives to create a world in which he is no longer needed"

BOHICA / 2016 Mojave Sand JKU
    BOHICA Build Thread

CRYSTAL / 2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JK Unlimited
    CRYSTAL Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmericanInfidel View Post
    Nope, your good to go with your pinch seams. Depending on how much flex you get, you may need to trim a few inches off your Rubi rails, but that's super easy to do. I should have known it was a 2014 given your screen name lol!
    In your defense, it could be a 2016 too

Thanks for the info on pinch seems and rails.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    Well I already did the 2.5" BB & 35s route. I always recommend the BB if you like your factory ride quality.

Edit: You do not need to trim your fenders if you go the BB route.
    I'm kind of leaning towards that. Then put the Rancho shocks on and that can dial the ride softness in a bit more.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast