Evo Leveling Kit vs Teraflex Budget Boost

GraniteCrystal

Goal: fit 35" tires while maintaining a low center of gravity with no rub

Option #1: EVO HD Leveling Kit
-spacers in the back
-springs in the front

Option #2: Teraflex 2.5" Budget Boost
-spacers in front/back

Both kits are $200-$300. In either case, I'll also get some Rancho 9000 shocks and trim my stock fenders.

1) The EVO kit says it can clear a 33" tire but if I trim fenders can I get a 35"? Anybody running this set up?
2) Other things needed with the EVO kit that would bring the price of that option up? The Teraflex kit seems pretty all-inclusive
3) Which option would you go with?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Both kits will prob clear 35s with fender trimming. If you are planning on a front bumper and a winch, I would say the EVO kit since it has springs. They will prob stand up to more weight better than the factory springs and spacers.

Add the shocks like the ranchos or bilsteins.

Might need to add brake lines or brake line relocate brackets for either kit. Don't know that they are needed but would prob help.

Might need new sway bar end links but again don't know that they are required. Might just be a nice upgrade.

If it were me I would do the EVO kit and add the rest of the stuff that is needed/wanted.

GraniteCrystal

Both kits will prob clear 35s with fender trimming. If you are planning on a front bumper and a winch, I would say the EVO kit since it has springs. They will prob stand up to more weight better than the factory springs and spacers.

Add the shocks like the ranchos or bilsteins.

Might need to add brake lines or brake line relocate brackets for either kit. Don't know that they are needed but would prob help.

Might need new sway bar end links but again don't know that they are required. Might just be a nice upgrade.

Thanks for the input. Already have front bumper and Warn Zeon winch installed. Definitely causing my front to sag on stock springs.

aldaman

Have you looked into the TF leveling kit that has springs all around and swaybar links? It might be in the area of $300+ price range. Since you Have an aftermarket bumper......

image.jpg

aldaman

Babe I have not :) (guessing that was a typo on your part)

Just never heard good things about TF stuff besides their BB

Yup, definitely a typo. I heard their springs are stiff but probably with the bumper, winch & shocks combo it may help a bit....:beer:

I ran a true Teraflex 2.5" lift kit with shocks and coils and 35's. The 35's fit perfectly with stock fenders and the Jeep drove better on the road than it did on stock suspension!

NAUJK

I personally dislike all things teraflex... nothing that I have bought from them has worked\, all fallen apart or didnt work out of the box had to modify it to some extent...My brother runs their 2.5 inch lift and it gave his Jeep like 3.5 or more inches of lift and it rides like a tank very stiff.

If you are looking to keep the budget down and run 35s a 2.5" budget boost or spacer lift will do it no problem with trimmed fenders. It really all depends on what you are doing with your rig.

In my eyes budget boosts, or the puck lifts it doesnt matter who you buy it from its a polyurethane puck that goes between the spring and the perch. I cant see myself spending 300$ bucks on one from Teraflex.

Most my friends are on a strict budget so I suggest the Rough Country 2.5" Budget boost to them, it costs 130 or 180 bucks gives you the lift to run 35.s with flat fenders. That is what this green jeep is running.

12622103_10153899512247640_3231095218312648096_o.jpg

The Evo leveling kit is a very good kit. Itll get you the height you need to run the tires you want with trimmed fenders and will hold up nicely.

But if it were between the 2 you are looking at I would suggest the EVO Kit over Teraflex, just for the fact that you know everything will work right and wont be messed up from teraflexs cheap asss low quality manufacturing.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
The green jeep looks to be running BFG's. Don't they run smaller to begin with? You could always get better shocks with the TF kit. Seems to be good feedback with the EVO and pairing with the 9000s. Have you looked into their 3" plush ride coils?

GraniteCrystal

The green jeep looks to be running BFG's. Don't they run smaller to begin with? You could always get better shocks with the TF kit. Seems to be good feedback with the EVO and pairing with the 9000s. Have you looked into their 3" plush ride coils?

The Evo kit comes with their 2" plush ride coils. What would I gain from stepping up to their 3" coils?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The Evo kit comes with their 2" plush ride coils. What would I gain from stepping up to their 3" coils?

If you got the enforcer kit you would have a great lift to run 35's w/ full fenders and then you can keep the same lift for if you move to 37's. You would just need to cut your fenders and maybe extend your bumpstops a bit.

GraniteCrystal

If you got the enforcer kit you would have a great lift to run 35's w/ full fenders and then you can keep the same lift for if you move to 37's. You would just need to cut your fenders and maybe extend your bumpstops a bit.

Enforcer kit? Now you're talking actual lift kit right? I think my $200-$300 budget just died :)

GraniteCrystal

Yes and no. By getting the Enforcer now you would save that $200-$300 by not having to buy twice. All depends on your current end goals.

And I could join the cool Enforcers Unite thread! :)

Maybe in a few years. Right now I'm just trying to go to 35s and keeping the budget low. The budget boost and leveling kit in OP are both in the same ball park of each other.

Assuming I stay in the $200-$300 range, which one would you do?

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
My advice would be, if you like the feel of your current ride, go with the budget boost. It's a good, cheap way to get 35s underneath you without sacrificing stock ride quality. If you want something softer than stock, go with the EVO leveling kit. It will retain your stock feel in the rear and soften things up a bit in the front. If your heavy in the front you can just add a small spacer and still retain the softer ride. Either way, you will need to trim your fenders and possibly pinch seams depending on the year of your rig. Please keep in mind that depending on what factory gears you have, you may be looking at a regear with 35s as well. Good luck with your purchase!

GraniteCrystal

My advice would be, if you like the feel of your current ride, go with the budget boost. It's a good, cheap way to get 35s underneath you without sacrificing stock ride quality. If you want something softer than stock, go with the EVO leveling kit. It will retain your stock feel in the rear and soften things up a bit in the front. If your heavy in the front you can just add a small spacer and still retain the softer ride. Either way, you will need to trim your fenders and possibly pinch seams depending on the year of your rig. Please keep in mind that depending on what factory gears you have, you may be looking at a regear with 35s as well. Good luck with your purchase!

Thanks!

It's a 2014; need to trim seems?

Yes, planning on regearing to 4.88

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
And I could join the cool Enforcers Unite thread! :)

Maybe in a few years. Right now I'm just trying to go to 35s and keeping the budget low. The budget boost and leveling kit in OP are both in the same ball park of each other.

Assuming I stay in the $200-$300 range, which one would you do?

Well I already did the 2.5" BB & 35s route. I always recommend the BB if you like your factory ride quality.

Edit: You do not need to trim your fenders if you go the BB route.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Thanks!

It's a 2014; need to trim seems?

Yes, planning on regearing to 4.88

Nope, your good to go with your pinch seams. Depending on how much flex you get, you may need to trim a few inches off your Rubi rails, but that's super easy to do. I should have known it was a 2014 given your screen name lol!

GraniteCrystal

Nope, your good to go with your pinch seams. Depending on how much flex you get, you may need to trim a few inches off your Rubi rails, but that's super easy to do. I should have known it was a 2014 given your screen name lol!

In your defense, it could be a 2016 too :)

Thanks for the info on pinch seems and rails.

GraniteCrystal

Well I already did the 2.5" BB & 35s route. I always recommend the BB if you like your factory ride quality.

Edit: You do not need to trim your fenders if you go the BB route.

I'm kind of leaning towards that. Then put the Rancho shocks on and that can dial the ride softness in a bit more.

Top Bottom