Re-gear 4:88's or 5:13's?

LAJK

Which gears would be more suitable for my jeep? My JKUR is a 6 speed with the 3.8l running 37" toyo's. My jeep is my daily driver so need to be suited for everyday use. I take it out to the offroad parks almost every other weekend. I'am considering 4:88's because of the RPM's are similar to stock. I plan to stay with 37's till I upgrade to a set of prorock60's. Which would be the best with some of you having alread having your jeeps re-geared?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Which gears would be more suitable for my jeep? My JKUR is a 6 speed with the 3.8l running 37" toyo's. My jeep is my daily driver so need to be suited for everyday use. I take it out to the offroad parks almost every other weekend. I'am considering 4:88's because of the RPM's are similar to stock. I plan to stay with 37's till I upgrade to a set of prorock60's. Which would be the best with some of you having alread having your jeeps re-geared?

5.13 hands down

Patsjk

4:88 gears will work if running dana 44. Problem is if your crawling tire weight will at some point damage your Axel tubes unless ur running a 60 series axel .

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My buddy (Meanst on here) has a 2007 JKUR with the standard tranny. He put in 4.88's and they are a great match for his 35's. Turning the extra rubber of 37's though, I would definitely want 5.13's. (Even more so if you are doing a lot of mountain driving.)

Ddays

Hooked
Started with 4:88's with my 37's and went with 5:13's when I swapped axles.

5:13 hands down! We have very hilly terrain in Western Pa & they really make a difference.

LurancJK

Im still debating between these but ive heard 5.13 is more breakable in a d30. Makes me lean toward 4.88 which is much better than 3.21

Ddays

Hooked
Im still debating between these but ive heard 5.13 is more breakable in a d30. Makes me lean toward 4.88 which is much better than 3.21

Yes to this! Smaller pinion shaft on the D30. That's why I had the 4:88's on mine in the first place...

Top Bottom