Lod slider damage

ST3LLA

I've been saving up for a set of sliders and I'm seriously looking at the LOD sliders. I keep searching for a video or picture of someone who has destroyed their sliders like a giant dent or body damage from the slider just to see if it has happened. I decided to start a thread just for fun to see your worst slider damage with the LOD sliders or any sliders. My tube steps are far from sliders but i have left a few marks in them. IMG_3130.jpg :cheesy:

swampdog

I don't think you are going to find any or many pics of damaged LOD or Evo sliders. Seem to be able to take all that you can throw at them. The only damage I've seen to either set is the finish scratching off.

Exodus 4x4

I have the LOD sliders and I can say they're really well built. Drug them across plenty of rocks and no damage other than some scratches.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Been using flat black spray paint. Just installed my EVO rear corners last night and I'm going to Line-X those, so I'm considering doing everything else too.

Nice, That is what I have been using also, just was wondering if you were using something textured to match the powder coating. :thumb: Ive been meaning to try out rustolium bed liner for touch ups... anyway, End Hijack :dont_tell:

WJCO

Meme King
Nice, That is what I have been using also, just was wondering if you were using something textured to match the powder coating. :thumb: Ive been meaning to try out rustolium bed liner for touch ups... anyway, End Hijack :dont_tell:

Re-hijack.....since we probably won't see any damaged LOD sliders anyway.. Here's some pics of my hilift that I just painted with Rustoleum Truckbed Coating about a week ago. In the pictures you can see my tire carrier with the flat black compared to the jack next to it with the Rustoleum Texture. For a rattle can, I'm impressed with it. I use the same stuff on my sliders.

jack (1).jpg jack (2).jpg jack (3).jpg jack (4).jpg jack (5).jpg jack (6).jpg

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Re-hijack.....since we probably won't see any damaged LOD sliders anyway.. Here's some pics of my hilift that I just painted with Rustoleum Truckbed Coating about a week ago. In the pictures you can see my tire carrier with the flat black compared to the jack next to it with the Rustoleum Texture. For a rattle can, I'm impressed with it. I use the same stuff on my sliders.

View attachment 184719 View attachment 184720 View attachment 184721 View attachment 184722 View attachment 184723 View attachment 184724

WOW, That looks great! I'll have to pick up a can this weekend and try RE-touching up my bumper :thumb:

WJCO

Meme King
WOW, That looks great! I'll have to pick up a can this weekend and try RE-touching up my bumper :thumb:

Thanks. Walmart has it near the automotive chemical section. Just shake the can regularly as you spray it and it comes out pretty even. Warning: You'll start finding tons of random stuff on your Jeep that you want to paint now.

sjd78

The newer LOD sliders have the removable side plates. I have ground the head off some of the stainless button head screws on rocks that are used to mount said side plates. I advise using anti seize on those screws when installing as to make removal of the remaining threaded portion easier when the heads are missing.

Last edited:

ST3LLA

sweet haha i wasn't honestly expecting to see much crazy bending of the lod sliders but I'm glad to know that they can take a beating!

CCTX50

Had mine for several years. Beat the hell out of them at Texas Spur and it was only cosmetic. Just flat black spray and it is all good. LOD ROCKS!

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
I've been saving up for a set of sliders and I'm seriously looking at the LOD sliders. I keep searching for a video or picture of someone who has destroyed their sliders like a giant dent or body damage from the slider just to see if it has happened. I decided to start a thread just for fun to see your worst slider damage with the LOD sliders or any sliders. My tube steps are far from sliders but i have left a few marks in them. View attachment 184716 :cheesy:

I did that with my running boards but it even did body damage just need to get some Evo skins and you will never know it happend

Top Bottom