How can i set up coil spacer and shock extension to make sure 2 inch lift?

Bluetango

G'day guys, I come from Australia.
I seek some solution for my jeep lift program. I want to change the tire from stock 245 75 R17 to 285 70 R17 mt tire.
About this move, from my research, it may be cause some rubbing at some point, and it may be hit the fender when i off road. So I want to solve this potential risk.
I know upgrade some real lift kit with shock and coil will be the best choose. Unfortunately, 2 inch lift for my stock jeep will 0.5-1 inch higher than 2 inch. That will cause 2 problems. First, it will against the Australian law,:naw: I need do some engineer certification. Second, may be need add more part to re-correct some angles.
It is my first modify my jeep, I do not want to get too much trouble. I hope make it as easy as I can. I still want make sure my jk's all geometry in the design range. So many people tell me use spacer and extension may be the best choose for me in this stage.

So here is the question,
1. how thick coil spacer and how long shock extension combination will give me the under 2 inch lift and make sure my 285 70 R17 mt tire working no problem on road and off road? I won't disconnect sway bar at this modify phase.
2. do i need to add some bump stop extension too?
3. if I want to add a Smittybilt XRC M.O.D. full length front Bumper but no winch very soon, is the stock coil with spacer will down very little or very visibly? How many thick the front coil spacer should I set up?

PS, I already ordered a set of steel wheel, 17X8 offset +30, local shop only give me the offset +30. They say it can make sure 285 tire no rubbing issue. I want +6 or 0 offset, they dont do that because australian law dont allow the tire wilder than the fender. :naw:

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL. I'm in Australia also and am running 1 3/4 inch day star spacer lift with 285/70r17 MT on stock rims and only have very slight rubbing on the front sway bar when aired down. At full bump with the sway bar disconnected they clear the fenders by about 5mm. You can actually run these tires without a lift

By the way you should stop by the 'give us a wave' section and introduce yourself and your jeep

Bluetango

Welcome to WAL. I'm in Australia also and am running 1 3/4 inch day star spacer lift with 285/70r17 MT on stock rims and only have very slight rubbing on the front sway bar when aired down. At full bump with the sway bar disconnected they clear the fenders by about 5mm. You can actually run these tires without a lift

By the way you should stop by the 'give us a wave' section and introduce yourself and your jeep

thank you for your info. you said running 1 3/4 inch spacer, are the front and rear same or front spacer higher the rear?

and what do you mean 'stop by the 'give us a wave' and stop introduce yourself and your jeep' ?

dunstan74

Im running a 2inch spacer up front 1.75 in the rear with shocks to fit and DBOR flat fenders.

This setup clears and fully covers my 35" trail grapplers on wheels with 4.75" backspacing.

For the size tire you want to run i would just do flat fenders and wheels with backspacing that wont rub.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
thank you for your info. you said running 1 3/4 inch spacer, are the front and rear same or front spacer higher the rear?

and what do you mean 'stop by the 'give us a wave' and stop introduce yourself and your jeep' ?

Same size spacers front and rear

There is a section on this forum called 'give us a wave' for new members to introduce themselves

lidless07X

Sounds like the Daystar 1.75 inch lift will work for you.

Adding a bumper and winch dropped my front end by .5 inch

My Jk works good with that lift and 285/75 tires (33")

Bluetango

Same size spacers front and rear

There is a section on this forum called 'give us a wave' for new members to introduce themselves

Thx reminding me this, I will post the 'give us a wave' soon.

You said you did the front and rear same high, dose your jk head and tail at the same level? and how do you set up your shock?

Bluetango

Im running a 2inch spacer up front 1.75 in the rear with shocks to fit and DBOR flat fenders.

This setup clears and fully covers my 35" trail grapplers on wheels with 4.75" backspacing.

For the size tire you want to run i would just do flat fenders and wheels with backspacing that wont rub.

Hi, I am looking the DBOR spacer as well now. Do you use their spacer? or other brand? I found their spacer lift are the same 1,75 front and back.

Another thing is that do i need the aftermarket long sway bar end links? I saw the terflex spacer lift have, but DBOR didn't? and How did you set up your shock?

Bluetango

Sounds like the Daystar 1.75 inch lift will work for you.

Adding a bumper and winch dropped my front end by .5 inch

My Jk works good with that lift and 285/75 tires (33")

Hi, very nice you gave me the info about with the bumper and winch how many dropped.
I have one question, which coil spacer lift kit or called 'budguet bust' is more complete package? and what parts include in Daystar 1.75 lift?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Thx reminding me this, I will post the 'give us a wave' soon.

You said you did the front and rear same high, dose your jk head and tail at the same level? and how do you set up your shock?

Doesn't sit level has the factory rake. Legally can't level it.

Still running stock shocks. I wasn't going to lift it until it was out of warranty but got a good deal on the spacers so figured I throw them in. I'm going to get a more complete 2.5" coil lift from Murchinson once the warranty is over and I've got the cash.

Bluetango

Doesn't sit level has the factory rake. Legally can't level it.

Still running stock shocks. I wasn't going to lift it until it was out of warranty but got a good deal on the spacers so figured I throw them in. I'm going to get a more complete 2.5" coil lift from Murchinson once the warranty is over and I've got the cash.

I have the same thought, don't do big modification until it was out of warranty.
you running stock shocks, do you use extension or nothing?

dunstan74

Hi, I am looking the DBOR spacer as well now. Do you use their spacer? or other brand? I found their spacer lift are the same 1,75 front and back.

Another thing is that do i need the aftermarket long sway bar end links? I saw the terflex spacer lift have, but DBOR didn't? and How did you set up your shock?

Honestly cant remember the brand of spacer, they are all the same plastic anyway.

I have longer links in the rear and moved the stock rear link up front.

Im running 10" travel shocks with 2" bump stop front and rear this setup is pretty close to bottoming out the rear shocks at full bump.

I was able to get away with rerouting my front brake lines and using a relocation bracket for the rear to accommodate the extra droop.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I have the same thought, don't do big modification until it was out of warranty.
you running stock shocks, do you use extension or nothing?

Stock shocks. No extensions. Wheel travel is obviously limited to stock but with the sway bar disconnected it still works very well. Also that way you don't need to worry about tearing the front driveshaft boot on the exhaust.

lidless07X

Hi, very nice you gave me the info about with the bumper and winch how many dropped.
I have one question, which coil spacer lift kit or called 'budguet bust' is more complete package? and what parts include in Daystar 1.75 lift?

I think the Teraflex Budget Boost is the most complete kit. Not sure if 2.5 is too much for you. The Daystar kit came with less parts but at 1.75 lift, and for what I do with my Jk, I found I really don't need the extras.

Top Bottom