Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harbor Freight 440lb Electric Hoist - Leaving Hardtop up

Harbor Freight 440lb Electric Hoist - Leaving Hardtop up

Quote Originally Posted by CCTX50 View Post
    This is what I use. I just pull my jeep underneath it and lower it down on top. Hook up to top and lift it off. I can place my freedom panels on top of the rack also. Bought at Lowes but Amazon has then too.
    Attachment 185950
    I use this same hoist. Works great!!ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454637579.773839.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by japatton View Post
    I use this same hoist. Works great!!ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454637579.773839.jpg
    And when not using it for the jeep I can store all kinds of junk. I use my cordless drill to operate it.
    2013 JK Unlimited Rubicon
    Bright White
    Hardtop
    4.10-Auto

Modifications so far: EVO LEVEL, LOD Rock Rails, Rock Hard oil/trans skid, Rock Hard Sport Cage, Drake hood latches, Truck-lite LED Headlights, Rigid Dually D2 LED's, DIY Grill Inserts, CB, Spiderweb Shade, Poison Spyder Diff. Covers.

Build Thread (SLOW) - http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...r-build-thread

Been Around the Block shadowpaige64507's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by japatton View Post
    Is that a drive thru garage? I was going to joke about not having a garage door opener than I saw the other side which has one. Awesome!

x3 on the Racor lift/hoist....

image.jpg

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CCTX50 View Post
    This is what I use. I just pull my jeep underneath it and lower it down on top. Hook up to top and lift it off. I can place my freedom panels on top of the rack also. Bought at Lowes but Amazon has then too.
    Attachment 185950
    I'm considering this same setup since other members have recommended. My question is how does it lock when raised? I just want to make sure it's safe and secure since family members will be walking under when in use.

You guys and all your fancy lifts! LoL. I'm considering just using Ratchet straps and I bolts in the ceiling rafters. I've heard it's a little more unstable bringing it down but I'd like to give it a try.

Been Around the Block shadowpaige64507's Avatar
    I've been really happy with my new setup. Already had the top off several times this year. Only have about $100 invested at this point.
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456936985.861127.jpg

I was looking for something easy to do by myself more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    You guys and all your fancy lifts! LoL. I'm considering just using Ratchet straps and I bolts in the ceiling rafters. I've heard it's a little more unstable bringing it down but I'd like to give it a try.
    Fancy? That's not fancy! Fancy would be to combine the Racor lift and electric hoist! Also considering!

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Fancy? That's not fancy! Fancy would be to combine the Racor lift and electric hoist! Also considering!
    Lol, that's funny. I'm trying to keep mine secure and above the jeep for under $30 bucks. We shall see.. The weather here in Texas has me longer for some top off time.

Knows a Thing or Two Goldeneagle1LC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
    Lol, that's funny. I'm trying to keep mine secure and above the jeep for under $30 bucks. We shall see.. The weather here in Texas has me longer for some top off time.
    All you need is a pulley, some line, and 5 carabiners to make one yourself. Unless you know how to tie Prussian Loops and then you can use those instead.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast