Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast

Thread: Oscar's No Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sipafz View Post
    Only a deal if they last. It was a bit of work to get the fogs in. I forgot how packed it is inside my bumper.
    Are they JW Speaker? Or a knock off? And mice are crazy little creatures! Iím glad I donít have to deal with them any longer

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    Are they JW Speaker? Or a knock off? And mice are crazy little creatures! Iím glad I donít have to deal with them any longer
    They are Chinese knock-offs. My pal bought them on Amazon a year ago for like $100 or so. When he started looking at installing, he decided it was to much work and asked if I wanted to buy them. At the time I was thinking of Trucklites and he was asking close to what he paid. I offered to help him with the install, but it never happened. I guess he decided to just get a new Jeep with factory LED lights . Im grateful that he stopped over and made me an offer I couldnít refuse.

As for the Trucklites, maybe someday. I just have a hard time spending money to replace something that works just fine (cough).

As for the mouse, she must of built the nest while we were on vacation last month.

They are Chinese knock-offs. My pal bought them on Amazon a year ago for like $100 or so. When he started looking at installing, he decided it was to much work and asked if I wanted to buy them. At the time I was thinking of Trucklites and he was asking close to what he paid. I offered to help him with the install, but it never happened. I guess he decided to just get a new Jeep with factory LED lights . Im grateful that he stopped over and made me an offer I couldnít refuse.

As for the Trucklites, maybe someday. I just have a hard time spending money to replace something that works just fine (cough).

As for the mouse, she must of built the nest while we were on vacation last month.
    Well hopefully they hold up the install wasnít that bad was it? But I guess if you can get a new Jeep go for it lol I have KC headlights and love the color they have. Not blue or purple like some of the LEDs they are more of a pure white.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsouder53 View Post
    Well hopefully they hold up the install wasnít that bad was it? But I guess if you can get a new Jeep go for it lol I have KC headlights and love the color they have. Not blue or purple like some of the LEDs they are more of a pure white.
    It took a few hours to install. One headlight didnít fit right and I had to file the radial location tabs. In my case, I had to remove the vacuum pump, winch control box and entire front bumper. With the winch hidden inside the bumper, I have a hard time doing anything without tearing everything apart. At least the lights came with adapters and built in resistors.

Iím waiting for dark before I judge the color and brightness.

Oscar's No Build Thread

After some adjustments, they seem pretty decent. My first impressions are that the low beams are brighter/better than stock, but I wouldnít say itís the end all be all. The high beams however, are noticeably brighter and cast light much further than stock. The color is bright white at 6000k, but puts a purple hue on anything white.

Overall Iím happy with them.

IMG_9212.jpg
    Last edited by sipafz; 06-16-2019 at 02:41 AM.

Looks like a good improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Oscar's No Build Thread

It took a few hours to install. One headlight didnít fit right and I had to file the radial location tabs. In my case, I had to remove the vacuum pump, winch control box and entire front bumper. With the winch hidden inside the bumper, I have a hard time doing anything without tearing everything apart. At least the lights came with adapters and built in resistors.

Iím waiting for dark before I judge the color and brightness.
    Other than the winch issue, doesnít sound like too bad of an install. But overall definitely looks to be better than stock glad to see the upgrade! Especially for $50

Fresh Catch
    [QUOTE=sipafz;1121162]Installed the backup camera. It was pretty straight forward with the hardest part being routing the camera wires with RCA plugs through the small holes drilled through the bumper./QUOTE]

enjoying 'Oscar's Thread' lol - wife has a JKUR.

So looking into doing the backup camera for my wife's jeep - did you end up using OBD and JSCAN?? was JSCAN hard to use? I have the app and compatible OBD - just hesitant to buy a license is all...

Oscar's No Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by bluejaxs View Post
    enjoying 'Oscar's Thread' lol - wife has a JKUR.

So looking into doing the backup camera for my wife's jeep - did you end up using OBD and JSCAN?? was JSCAN hard to use? I have the app and compatible OBD - just hesitant to buy a license is all...
    Glad your enjoying the thread. Iíve had a blast designing and building many of the modifications over the last 3 years.

Installing a backup camera is relatively easy if youíre handy and have basic tools. I did use JScan, a OBDII WIFI Adapter and my iPhone to enable the backup camera function on both my JKU and wifeís KK.

JScan itís self can be a little temperamental. Itís been my experience that not all the listed adaptations work. If you have issues, the developer is fairly responsive, but know that he lives in Poland and responses are not immediate. Overall I recommend JScan as an inexpensive alternative to aftermarket programmers. Iím beyond pleased with the performance especially considering that I only have $40 invested.

Here is a link to the JScan thread for more info:

https://wayalife.com/showpost.php?p=1119797
    Last edited by sipafz; 05-31-2019 at 02:21 AM.

Fresh Catch
    thanks

I'll give it a go here this weekend

Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 LastLast