VIDEO : RENEGADE on the ROCKS - Crawling up a Rocky Ledge in a Jeep Renegade

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is a short teaser clip of our 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk being tested out on the Last Chance Canyon Jeep Trail soon after we installed a brand new 1.5" Daystar lift and a set of 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires. As you will see, we took on a tough rocky ledge about half way through the trail and even though we were hanging tires on more than one occasion, our little Renegade was still able to crawl its way up to the top and under its own power. I hope you enjoy the clip.

Good or bad, we'd love to know what you think of this clip and of the Renegade. :)

BamBamDeer

Awesome! Just watched the clip with my 17y.o. daughter. We were talking about her College days coming up and maybe a more reliable vehicle. She has wanted a VW Bug since she was little but I think this changed her mind. She said the Renegade is the "Bug" of the Jeep world. ...lol. She watched your other clip and I think she is sold! She is researching all she can find now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks everyone, we're so glad that you liked the clip! :D

Great teaser! I'm even more excited for the full video now!

Hard at work on it even as we speak. Hope to get it done and up soon :yup:

Awesome! Just watched the clip with my 17y.o. daughter. We were talking about her College days coming up and maybe a more reliable vehicle. She has wanted a VW Bug since she was little but I think this changed her mind. She said the Renegade is the "Bug" of the Jeep world. ...lol. She watched your other clip and I think she is sold! She is researching all she can find now.

:cheesy: That's awesome and I look forward to seeing what she gets ;)

Awesome! The more I see Renny in action, the more I want one.

LOL!! These things really are a ton of fun :)
Thanks again for joining us out in the desert and helping us out. You and Steph rock!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Too bad they don't come stock like that.

I couldn't agree with you more. At the very least, I think the Trailhawks should come like this.

Impressive!! Kinda scary with no rocker guards lol

It was and it sucked not having any as we did do some damage. Granted it was minor but you could just feel the Renegade wanting to do more - it was just us who couldn't get ourselves to do body damage. :crazyeyes:

Jettech5

Trail hawk on the rocks!!!

I was worried when fiat took over. I did not think they would understand the Jeep culture or philosophy. But I do believe they proved me wrong. I am very impressed with both clips. My wife and I are now considering the trail hawk for her!! Thanks for sharing guys!!

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
That's a sweet little go getter. I'll admit that it's way more capable than what a basic appearance gives. Of course, that's a good thing. Also, the more I watch the vids you post of Renny, the more I find myself impressed with the tires. What a great pairing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's awesome!

We think so. This Renegade so wants to do more than we're willing if only because we don't want to do body damage. :crazyeyes:

I was worried when fiat took over. I did not think they would understand the Jeep culture or philosophy. But I do believe they proved me wrong. I am very impressed with both clips. My wife and I are now considering the trail hawk for her!! Thanks for sharing guys!!

So glad that you've been enjoying the clip and really, I think you'll be surprised at how nice these little Renegades are :yup:

That's a sweet little go getter. I'll admit that it's way more capable than what a basic appearance gives. Of course, that's a good thing. Also, the more I watch the vids you post of Renny, the more I find myself impressed with the tires. What a great pairing.

Thanks! We always like testing out new tires even if they end up sucking and we have run a few that really sucked in the past. That being said, we're real happy with these Cooper STT Pros.

Top Bottom