Stingers?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
What is the purpose of the stinger bar on some front bumpers? I assume it's for assisting with getting over large rocks but I've never seen a picture or video where it was being 'used'. We don't have them in Australia which I can only assume is because your jeep would be instantly defected if driving on the street but I also haven't seen them on competition rigs here either.

jjlong

In my opinion, it's most used as a safety device. If the Jeep rolls head over heals, it will kick it off to one side so it won't land flat upside down.

JAGS

Hooked
What is the purpose of the stinger bar on some front bumpers? I assume it's for assisting with getting over large rocks but I've never seen a picture or video where it was being 'used'. We don't have them in Australia which I can only assume is because your jeep would be instantly defected if driving on the street but I also haven't seen them on competition rigs here either.

Technically... to protect the engine/radiator in a minor roll or flop and to prevent a direct frontal roll over that smashes to cab.

Truthfully, most folks consider them a cosmetic preference. I have one just because I tend to prefer the look.

Maybe others can add to this?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Technically... to protect the engine/radiator in a minor roll or flop and to prevent a direct frontal roll over that smashes to cab.

Truthfully, most folks consider them a cosmetic preference. I have one just because I tend to prefer the look.

Maybe others can add to this?

I kinda figured most people just like the look but thought there must be a reason for it. Stopping the rig from standing on its front bumper in a roll makes sense.

That's awesome!

kbp810

Caught the Bug
Personally, I like the stinger as it's just visible over the hood from the drivers seat - turns into a good reference point for knowing how close I am to something and if I can make a really tight turn or not.

trailraider

ok , so now we know why those are used.

next question.

why the cables from the front of the hood to the light bars?

Top Bottom