Buying Jeep Soon - Need Help

yax_c

I will soon be a new first time jeep owner, just waiting for some things to disappear from my credit but I like doing my research in advance and this is where I need some help, specially in regards to lift kit.

I've been reading and I think I have set my eyes on the evo enforcer but I need advice based on background and jeep usage.

I live in the sunny Miami, FL where the terrain doesn't get any flatter, jeep will be used as a weekend driver, hunting, occasional off roading as I get the hang of it, barely any use for the most part since I take home a company truck that I drive for work, perks of the job lol.

Evo Enforcer 3"
King Shocks
Evo Drag Link
LRG 18x9 Wheels
ProComp MT2

Is this everything I need for that set up or am I missing something. looking for opinions and advise from those way more experience then myself. Thanks gents!!

dwvninety

I will soon be a new first time jeep owner, just waiting for some things to disappear from my credit but I like doing my research in advance and this is where I need some help, specially in regards to lift kit.

I've been reading and I think I have set my eyes on the evo enforcer but I need advice based on background and jeep usage.

I live in the sunny Miami, FL where the terrain doesn't get any flatter, jeep will be used as a weekend driver, hunting, occasional off roading as I get the hang of it, barely any use for the most part since I take home a company truck that I drive for work, perks of the job lol.

Evo Enforcer 3"
King Shocks
Evo Drag Link
LRG 18x9 Wheels
ProComp MT2

Is this everything I need for that set up or am I missing something. looking for opinions and advise from those way more experience then myself. Thanks gents!!

Don't forget to get better ball joints and c gussets.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Welcome to Wayalife!

I would suggest going with a 17" wheel. You'll find you have more tire choices and they will be more affordable. Also I would steer clear of ProComp tires. I know the price seems affordable but they chunk and are not the best quality.

Just trying to save you some $$$ and grief.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Looks like a good start. As others have said, add a set of axle C gussets, front lower control arm mount skids, and a set of Evo Mfg rear lower control arm Rockstar skids. The Rockstar skids can change the required shock length, so your better off getting them from the get go. I 2nd skipping the 18" wheels and going with 17s and a different tire.

And welcome to Wayalife!

Coop

Caught the Bug
I also agree with the above comments regarding the 17" wheels. Lots of selections available in widths and back off-set. Your tire selections are greater. There are lots of posts about various brands and tread patterns on this web site. Tons of experience here. Welcome to WAL!

yax_c

Welcome to Wayalife!

I would suggest going with a 17" wheel. You'll find you have more tire choices and they will be more affordable. Also I would steer clear of ProComp tires. I know the price seems affordable but they chunk and are not the best quality.

Just trying to save you some $$$ and grief.

Sounds good, rim not an issue, tires what do you recommend?

yax_c

I also agree with the above comments regarding the 17" wheels. Lots of selections available in widths and back off-set. Your tire selections are greater. There are lots of posts about various brands and tread patterns on this web site. Tons of experience here. Welcome to WAL!

Gotta look for that thread about the tires and threads. Thanks!!

yax_c

Looks like a good start. As others have said, add a set of axle C gussets, front lower control arm mount skids, and a set of Evo Mfg rear lower control arm Rockstar skids. The Rockstar skids can change the required shock length, so your better off getting them from the get go. I 2nd skipping the 18" wheels and going with 17s and a different tire.

And welcome to Wayalife!

Sounds good, appreciate the help. Now looking into rims 17" and most likely go with some kind of nitto, we'll see.

OkstateJK

Sounds good, rim not an issue, tires what do you recommend?

I'd say that depends on how you use it. I run Toyo Open Country MT's in 35x12.5x17. I'm on the trails 1-2 weekends a month and we drive to Colorado 3-4 times a year so I put lots of miles on mine. They ride a little rough but I like a tire that can take a beating, and the Toyo MT's can do that. I have 34,000 miles on mine and rotate them every 5k miles. I still have over 50% tread left. I have been happy but they are E rated sidewalls so they ride a little harsh. If you're not going to use them off-road much, they might be overkill.

Ddays

Hooked
Additionally, according to the mall crawler that steers this ship, Toyos do not need balancing. That's a pretty good indication of a well made tire.
I'm currently looking at them or a set of Nittos.
Glad you changed your mind regarding the 18" wheels. I made that mistake. :icon_crazy:

james2003w

From everything I've read, looks like a great setup. I believe you've been convinced to swap to a 17" wheel. Lot of people run Nitto/Toyo.

Trail Grappler seems to be popular style amongst the crowd, one of the complaints though is that they're heavy (this is just from reading everything).
I have Toyo R/T's and love them. Much better handling than the M/T's I was running. I have a set of 35s.

One thing I would suggest, as you are buying a Jeep. If you go automatic, consider a skid plate for the transmission/cooling lines/sump pump (a common recommendation mentioned in other threads). From what I've read, the factory skids are supurb and you don't' need to change them. Just add a few if you get an automatic

OkstateJK

Additionally, according to the mall crawler that steers this ship, Toyos do not need balancing. That's a pretty good indication of a well made tire.
I'm currently looking at them or a set of Nittos.
Glad you changed your mind regarding the 18" wheels. I made that mistake. :icon_crazy:

34,000 miles and I still don't need a balance on mine, they run smooth as silk. And 3 of 5 of my wheels only have 1 lead weight in them. The other 2 only have 3. They're heavy, but very well made.

yax_c

Toyo or Nitto, will look into them. I'd definitely would like something that rides well on the road as I mostly will use it on roads and occasionally go to some kind of trail, I'd have to research what's around within a few hundred miles because what I have nearby it's all swamp and mud.

Hunting for a few months at the end of the year but it's not rough terrain and mostly if any is muddy terrain, besides this it will all be asphalt.

I was planning on getting 17" wheels but when I started looking most wheels I saw started at 18" so that's why, so it wasn't hard to go back to 17" lol.

Quick question regarding the lift kit, when ordering do I get everything from evo or do I get shocks separately!? Their site has changed and doesn't show as much stuff as it used to so its a little confusing for the uninitiated lol.

Benito

Caught the Bug

Quick question regarding the lift kit, when ordering do I get everything from evo or do I get shocks separately!? Their site has changed and doesn't show as much stuff as it used to so its a little confusing for the uninitiated lol.

I haven't seen the new sight yet, but the EVO enforcer by itself is ~ $1200 + draglink flip (~$400) + your choice of shock ($$$-$$$$). I believe you can order king shocks through ORE.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Unfortunately my jeep sees a lot of highway, and from my experience with Nitto Trail Grapplers I think they are a very well rounded tire. You can't get much better off road performance than these tires, and on the road isn't bad at all. They are louder now that I am pushing needing a new set, but I'll admit I like the sound.

yax_c

I haven't seen the new sight yet, but the EVO enforcer by itself is ~ $1200 + draglink flip (~$400) + your choice of shock ($$$-$$$$). I believe you can order king shocks through ORE.

$$$$$$ I know what you mean lol, honestly I think I might be going over board since my jeep will barely see trails but in case it does sees a fair amount of mud and some mall krawling I might as well go all in from the get go.

yax_c

Unfortunately my jeep sees a lot of highway, and from my experience with Nitto Trail Grapplers I think they are a very well rounded tire. You can't get much better off road performance than these tires, and on the road isn't bad at all. They are louder now that I am pushing needing a new set, but I'll admit I like the sound.

Good to know. Thanks!!

Benito

Caught the Bug
$$$$$$ I know what you mean lol, honestly I think I might be going over board since my jeep will barely see trails but in case it does sees a fair amount of mud and some mall krawling I might as well go all in from the get go.

It's a jeep, Just Empty Every Pocket, but i was just trying to clarify that the shocks are separate from the Enforcer "kit".

Top Bottom