FIRST TIME : Lifted Jeep Renegade Trailhawk & Stock JK Rubicon on the Rocks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
There’s a first time for everything and when it came time for us to test out our newly lifted Jeep Renegade Trailhawk out on the rocks, we decided to do it on one of our favorite trails in Southern California and that would be, Last Chance Canyon. Fortunately for us, our good friends Tony and Stephanie were able to join us in their brand new Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited and Tom and Susan were able to tag along as well in their highly modified JK and with Susan taking the wheel as a first time driver. In this short video, you'll get to see how well everyone did as well as all the fun we had along the way. We hope you enjoy the presentation and we'd love to hear what you think of the Renegade :cool:

For those of you who are wanting to know, our red 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk is running a 1.5" Daystar lift and a set of 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires mounted on 16" Chevy HHR Wheels and 1.25" wheel spacers to make it all work. Tom and Susan's black 2013 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited is running an EVO DTD coil over system with long arms and 37" tires. Last but not least, Tony and Stephanie were driving a bone stock anvil 2015 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.

WIN A NEW WAYALIFE T-SHIRT!!
To help celebrate the release of FIRST TIME for EVERYTHING, Cindy and I will be giving away a brand new WAYALIFE T-shirt and if you'd like a chance to WIN one, all you have to do is post up a response and let us know what you think about the all new Jeep Renegade (good or bad) here on this thread. There is no limit as to how many posts you make and a WINNER will be selected at random and announced on Monday, February 15th. You will not have to be online to win. Thank you for watching, thank you for chiming in and good luck to all of you!
main.php

And the WINNER is...

Great video! My personal thoughts on the new Renegade are that it fills a gap for the Jeep Corporation and it fills a void in the Jeep community. In order for Jeep to continue making our beloved Wranglers and continue to make improvements on the platform, they need to be a successful car company first. The Renegade does a great job of competing in the small SUV market space.
I've had several opportunities to drive the Renegade, and I have to say that I love this little thing. It rides comfortable, has a surprising amount of space on the inside, and I think it looks great. I love all of the little 'nuggets' that you can find inside and out. I also like that, in the space it competes in, it still delivers the legendary Jeep off-road capabilities, especially in the TrailHawk edition. You can hit up to moderate trails in it comfortably, and it does a great job as a daily driver and commuter, without having to stray from Jeep.
I have heard and read several people say its not a real Jeep. Really? Ill agree its not a Wrangler, but it is every bit Jeep as my full size Cherokee and Wagoneer were back in the day. If I were in the market for a smaller daily driver or a small vehicle at all, the Renegade would no doubt be first on my list!

Congratulations AllAmericanInfidel!! You have just won a new WAYALIFE t-shirt! :thumb:

WAYALIFE EPIC TREX ADVENTURES are off-road films created by Cindy and I. We have been responsible for producing the JK-Experience (also known as the JKX) video series "KEEP IT TIGHT" which was made in 2011, the 2012 series "HEARTLAND", the 2013 series "WILD WILD WEST" and the 2014 "PACIFIC NORTHWEST". We are NOT paid professionals who have been hired to film events but rather, we are amateurs who simply enjoy sharing what we do and love. Our films are produced and paid for entirely by us and we receive absolutely NO funding from manufacturers or vendors to help subsidize our work.

CastleRockJeep

FIRST TIME : Lifted Renegade Trailhawk & Stock JK Rubicon on the Rocks - WATC...

Link is not working for me, on the Wayalife App.

Found it on YouTube. Watching it now!

Last edited:

BitBucket

I think Renny is awesome and really enjoy the videos of him getting over some amazing obstacles. Keep the videos coming....

robx251

Caught the Bug
Just watched the video, it was great guys. I hope to be able to tag along with you guys on a ride at some point of I can ever get out to meet you.

I am suprised at how the toaster did, but sometimes it's just as much about driver skill set as it is the vehicle. I too enjoy testing abilities on lesser modded vehicles.

Last edited:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Simply awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed the video. It was really cool to see your Rennegade out wheeling like that. It was also cool that the trail you took it on had the mining history behind it. Thank you for sharing.

BamBamDeer

Just watched your video with my 17 y.o. Daughter. We have been shopping for a Renny for her...her reasoning..."it's so cute!" Awesome little machine but I think a lot of the Credit needs to go to the Pilot.

Thanks for another great Vid!

Benito

Caught the Bug
"....keep the shiny side up, at least 2 on the floor..." -renegade version. that little jeep is pretty darn cool.

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
I must say Eddie bud I will give Renny a 10 out of 10 very impressed with the way it climbed and wheeled in general through the whole trail. I will say due to observation the ground clearance may have been an issue at times, but it made it through and that says alot. I think the independent suspension worked pretty well as well along side the solid axle setup of the JK.
Overall Jeep has put out another great vehicle that'll take you where you need to go.
Awesome film Eddie looking forward to the next one.

Fireball

The Ren really shined in performance going over those rocks, great driving skills also... Time to invest in some armor though lol!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched the video, it was great guys. I hope to be able to tag along with you guys on a ride at some point of I can ever get out to meet you.

I am suprised at how the toaster did, but sometimes it's just as much about driver skill set as it is the vehicle. I too enjoy testing abilities on lesser modded vehicles.

Glad you liked it and I do hope you can join us on a run sometime. Regarding lesser modded vehicles, I just love how much fun you can have going over rocks that a built up Jeep would never even know existed. It's great :yup:

Simply awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed the video. It was really cool to see your Rennegade out wheeling like that. It was also cool that the trail you took it on had the mining history behind it. Thank you for sharing.

So glad you enjoyed it! There really is so much to see and do on this trail other than just go driving over stuff. It is the reason why we love the trail so much.

Just watched your video with my 17 y.o. Daughter. We have been shopping for a Renny for her...her reasoning..."it's so cute!" Awesome little machine but I think a lot of the Credit needs to go to the Pilot.

Thanks for another great Vid!

LOL!! "It's so cute" is awesome. Glad you enjoyed the video and thank you for the compliment :cool:

JKRicky

Very cool video and really awesome seeing Renny working out on those rocks! Really surprised me. I will def agree though that having a stock Jeep is a lot more fun on the trail at times. Now that you have an idea of what he can do, I'm looking forward to seeing where you take him next!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. That Renegade just won't quit! Love it.

I won't lie, it amazed even me how much it just wanted to keep going and going. I kid you not, if we had rocker guards, I would have been able to do so much more with this thing :crazyeyes:

Nice! Thanks for sharing!!! Wish my daughter would let me lift her Renegade.

LOL!! You just need to take her out on the trail. That might change her mind :yup:

"....keep the shiny side up, at least 2 on the floor..." -renegade version. that little jeep is pretty darn cool.

:cheesy: That's perfect :clap2:

I must say Eddie bud I will give Renny a 10 out of 10 very impressed with the way it climbed and wheeled in general through the whole trail. I will say due to observation the ground clearance may have been an issue at times, but it made it through and that says alot. I think the independent suspension worked pretty well as well along side the solid axle setup of the JK.
Overall Jeep has put out another great vehicle that'll take you where you need to go.
Awesome film Eddie looking forward to the next one.

I'm glad to hear you say as much. Clearly, the Renegade isn't for everyone but in spite of what some seem to think, I personally feel that Jeep put a lot of thought into making this vehicle as capable as possible.

Top Bottom