2015/2016 Programmers and Tuners

segt99

So i have been looking around for a Tuner for my new 2015 Rubi JKU. From what I can tell something changed between 2014 and 2015. :thinking: Most if not all tuners that work on the 2014s won't work on the 2015s. And also from what I can tell is the tuners that work on the 2015 and new models only change things like gear ratio and some various settings, but nothing to improve and enhance power. I have even seen a few that require you to buy a re-flashed computer to work with the tuner. That option to me seems completely ridiculous. So does anyone have any experience or knowledge tuning the 2015/2016 Jeeps? And please if you have a jeep older than this your experience won't work for us. Please correct me if i am wrong! I want to add a programmer/tuner for power gains and larger tires/gear changes without having to rob a bank. :twocents:

Last edited:

blrr0311

also on the same boat. been searching for weeks now particularly looking for trail dash not available on '15. superchips has an option of reprogramming your ecu or sending you their ecu and then sending them your old one. i feel thats a hassle. hopefully trail dash comes out the 2015 soon. anyone has advise please input.

segt99

Superchips has one on their website for 2015s

That is correct. I would like a programmer that is offering performance gains as well as the standard modification items like tire and gear changes. If you read the programmer they offer does not offer those types of changes. They do offer one that can increase performance but if you read the details it says "***This product requires an ECM swap in order to tune your Jeep*** "

segt99

also on the same boat. been searching for weeks now particularly looking for trail dash not available on '15. superchips has an option of reprogramming your ecu or sending you their ecu and then sending them your old one. i feel thats a hassle. hopefully trail dash comes out the 2015 soon. anyone has advise please input.

I completely agree. It seems like a huge hassle. My jeep is brand new and I feel a little uneasy unbolting my factory ECU and replacing it. Not to mention the huge added cost and/or down time of my jeep.

I didn't look far enough into it. Option 1 that they provide doesn't seem to have any down time other than the sort time it takes to swap. Give it a few months and someone will crack it. It most likely about emissions and trying to lock out tuners. You could also check with some of the shops in your area and see if anyone local can unlock it to work with after market tuners.

Jkanvil

I saw a post from superchips on another forum, they think they'll have the ecm encryption cracked soon and we won't have to send in our computers anymore. I would just wait a bit longer.

segt99

I saw a post from superchips on another forum, they think they'll have the ecm encryption cracked soon and we won't have to send in our computers anymore. I would just wait a bit longer.

I hope you are right. I would hate to buy a new computer and tuner for $$$, then 2 weeks later someone crack it.

From what I read I think it is a trade so you aren't actually buying a new computer. You download your files with the tuner and then Superchips sends you an unlocked one with return shipping for yours. the swap is pretty quick and then you send yours back to them. If it is like it was in the diesel world the dealer will never be able to tell. just always return your computer to stock tunes before you take it in for anything at the dealer or they will flash it and lock you out. They should be close to being able to remote crack it. So you can wait if you want. i'm interested what route you go and how it works as i am buying later this year and will have to take a similar route. Please keep us updated.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I was talking to my dealer the other day, he has a built up JKU also, and said that Jeep told him that the new ECM's record every time something is plugged into the port. If they find out an aftermarket device has altered the computer it will void the warranty? I don't know but having a 2015 myself I am a little worried until I get a few more miles.

WJCO

Meme King
I was talking to my dealer the other day, he has a built up JKU also, and said that Jeep told him that the new ECM's record every time something is plugged into the port. If they find out an aftermarket device has altered the computer it will void the warranty? I don't know but having a 2015 myself I am a little worried until I get a few more miles.

I haven't heard of that, but could be something new. Still though, it you put up enough of a fight and have the dealer prove how an aftermarket program damaged parts that should have been warrantied, dealer still may fold and cover it. Each situation is case by case.

CrazyTrainJK

Caught the Bug
I haven't heard of that, but could be something new. Still though, it you put up enough of a fight and have the dealer prove how an aftermarket program damaged parts that should have been warrantied, dealer still may fold and cover it. Each situation is case by case.

I hope your right! That would bite plugging in just to change your tire size and have the dealer fight about warranty.

I had a dealer tell me the same on my Ram. Superchips and another tuner company told me they are just trying to scare you. They have no idea what was plugged in because the tuner memorizes the new dealer programming and uses it when it flashes the computer back to stock so it never shows anything being hooked up.

Top Bottom