Factory locker won't disengage

Exodus 4x4

Hey guys, just picked my rig up from another regear and now I'm having issues with the front locker not wanting to disengage. Here's the background:

Purchased and installed a new PR44, minus the internals. Chose to reuse all my factory D44 internals for the new PR44 and yes I did buy the right housing. I was regearing to 5.13's so I left it to my local 4x4 shop to handle installing the rest. I even took the factory axle complete to them rather than disassemble anything and risk damaging anything that I'm not familiar with.

Now when I went to pick it up I had them test the lockers with me there. Front and rear engage fine, but the front doesn't want to disengage. Pulled the front diff cover off and watched everything as we engaged/disengaged the locker. It seems as though the position sensor/plunger isn't working properly, but I don't really know that much about it. It will finally disengage but we had to rotate it a lot and rock it back in forth. They really had no answer for me other than to replace the sensor, so I told them to button everything back up and I took it as is. I ordered a new sensor/plunger that should be here in time for the fluid change.

I'll tear it down and loosen the carrier enough to pop it out of the way and change the sensor/plunger, but could that really be all that is is? I don't know if the guy damaged it when he removed it but I don't know how else to explain it, if that is in fact the issue. This is exactly why I hate taking it to shops for work. Thanks in advance for your help guys.

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey guys, just picked my rig up from another regear and now I'm having issues with the front locker not wanting to disengage. Here's the background:

Purchased and installed a new PR44, minus the internals. Chose to reuse all my factory D44 internals for the new PR44 and yes I did buy the right housing. I was regearing to 5.13's so I left it to my local 4x4 shop to handle installing the rest. I even took the factory axle complete to them rather than disassemble anything and risk damaging anything that I'm not familiar with.

Now when I went to pick it up I had them test the lockers with me there. Front and rear engage fine, but the front doesn't want to disengage. Pulled the front diff cover off and watched everything as we engaged/disengaged the locker. It seems as though the position sensor/plunger isn't working properly, but I don't really know that much about it. It will finally disengage but we had to rotate it a lot and rock it back in forth. They really had no answer for me other than to replace the sensor, so I told them to button everything back up and I took it as is. I ordered a new sensor/plunger that should be here in time for the fluid change.

I'll tear it down and loosen the carrier enough to pop it out of the way and change the sensor/plunger, but could that really be all that is is? I don't know if the guy damaged it when he removed it but I don't know how else to explain it, if that is in fact the issue. This is exactly why I hate taking it to shops for work. Thanks in advance for your help guys.

possible he got the actuator in the wrong order, it has to go back on in a specific order. I recall seeing a schematic on it but can't find it now.

Exodus 4x4

This might be the issue (see video) incorrect assembly of the locker plunger?

:beer:

Maybe, it is positioned correctly though. The guy swears up and down he installed the plunger before the carrier. We'll see. I ordered a new one and also drove to a dealer that had one in stock so as soon as I hit 500 miles I'll replace it and see.

Top Bottom