Windshield Insurance

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I looked and didn't see a thread on this topic, so I thought I'd throw my 2c on the subject for anyone else who might be interested.

When I bought my 2015 JKUR I was offered a 3rd party windshield insurance. I'm pretty stone faced on all the addons, but this one I gave some thought to and ultimately pulled the trigger. The coverage is through a company called Maximus Auto Group, they have a website you can google.

Overall in the first year of ownership I've had a couple chips fixed and an entire windshield replaced..about $4-500 worth of services. The coverage cost me $599 and lasts for 5 years. The first time I called to make a claim I asked the friendly lady on the line who had the record, because she reacted when I told her I lived in Denver as if it was a "bad zone" for windshield replacement - since it is. The record she told me was 13 total replacements by a guy in CO Springs.

Anyway, I've had to make a few claims in total and they've all been super easy and completely covered. If you have the option for this coverage, especially with this co, I rate it 2 thumbs up :thumb::thumb: Highly recommended.

WJCO

Meme King
I have coverage through a couple insurance companies for about 5 bucks extra a month. Worth it in my book. Especially in CO. Glad to hear you had a good experience with that company.

Scuba

So this is an extra insurance you are paying to have your windshield replaced if you get a crack? I live in KY so there is a law that states Ins. companies will pay for any window replacement on your vehicle, no deductible, full coverage or liability, doesn't matter. No rate hike. I have used it several times for the smallest cracks in my windshield.

rogerk93

I have windshield insurance and it's only a couple of dollars more a month. It already paid for itself, had my windshield replaced with an OEM few months ago for free.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Luckily my free replacement glass coverage with USAA is just that, free, as in I don't pay any extra premium for it. I've used in quite a few times on my last 3 Jeeps.

Top Bottom