HighwayTrout's build

I guess I will finally do one of these build threads.
First off. It will be boring. It won't be quick. It will most likely go off topic more than on. So join in on the fun! lol

I'm sorta new to the Jeep world. And tearing into a new JK was intimidating.
Here it is the day we picked it up.
2013 10th Anniversary Rubicon with red leather and "limited edition only" Anvil color.
This is laughable now because Jeep ended up continuing to offer Anvil and took all the uniqueness out by also offering the X and Hard Rock. So much for wanting a unique Jeep.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455424705.791808.jpg .

I should mention one of the reasons it's taken me so long to do anything to this JK. July of 2011 I ordered a Rubicon exactly how I wanted it and was stoked beyond belief when it arrived. Then by February 2012 I was going back and forth with Chrysler to buy it back. Hated to do it but it was a POS with only 8,000 miles on it. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455425241.786774.jpg .

Plain and simple I have ZERO faith in these 3.6 engines and was waiting for my new JK to prove itself a keeper. It actually hasn't but I got tired of having a stock Jeep so here we go. lol

Stay tuned....

First "mod" WheatherTech window deflectors and tinting the front windows as well as adding a strip to the windshield. Unbelievable how much a difference these all made to cool the interior down.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455426662.879208.jpg .

Next up after much debate and indecisiveness I on a whim purchased an AEV rear tire carrier. I may or may not keep the factory 10th ann bumper that was made to go with it. Sans rear bumper has been growing on me.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455427043.668265.jpg .

This is why you never clean rubberized tools with brake cleaner. It dries them out and ruins everything.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455429078.736015.jpg . Tapping the bronze bushing in proved to much for the dried out 10 year old dead blow.

Luckily the local Snap On guy didn't hesitate to exchange free of charge for a new one. Rad!

By far the best thing I ever did for the Jeep was join this community of knuckle heads and like minded individuals.

Hands down the best mod on the Jeep is a Wayalife windshield decal.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455430775.514767.jpg .

And as the Jeep sits now waiting for daylight so I can finish up. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455430907.697033.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455430971.244098.jpg .

Sage inspecting my work.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455431161.453573.jpg .

Ddays

Hooked
Love the Anvil color with matching top. Looking forward to seeing your progress. Funny how comfortable those old tractor seats are.

JeepJeep75

Great looking Jeep for sure. I have a '15 Anvil. When I was ordering mine they said the Anvil color was rare. I still love it, even though I see a lot of Anvils driving around now. [emoji6]

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I absolutely hate build threads.

With that said I will probably look at this because I love the anvil 10th anniversary with red seats.

Consider yourself lucky I will look at this thread. Lol

MTG

Caught the Bug
I absolutely hate build threads.

With that said I will probably look at this because I love the anvil 10th anniversary with red seats.

Consider yourself lucky I will look at this thread. Lol

When did you learn to read? :idontknow:

Top Bottom