Jeep starts and then dies

yjheep

My 1995 wrangler starts up fine and after a few minutes it will die. No sputtering just dies like u shut it off. But it starts right back up.

PrestonBarringer

Good chance it's the same problem I have. look into the electrical component for the ignition it's only fifty dollars and easy to replace there's some good YouTube videos on how to do it. Any lights flashing or anything else weird happening like radio not working or heat?

wave2me

Have had the same problem. The "else weird happening" yes from me, temp, oil and clock have been all over the place. Clock behind, oil and temp not reading right. Clock I wrote off to age and just re-set her and say "Hang in there baby" as for the earl and temp, after it dies and the restart, temp and oil are not consistent.
Was thinking Nutter Bypass might help here. Not sure.

When I get to my destination shut it off and do some errands (15-30mins) and come back, starts right up and all is good in the jeep world.

Any further help be grand. Thanks yjheep for the push.

1990 YJ 4.2L 163K on it. Mechanical upgrades that I know of: brakes and lines in April. Alternator and battery both done in August.

yjheep

Good chance it's the same problem I have. look into the electrical component for the ignition it's only fifty dollars and easy to replace there's some good YouTube videos on how to do it. Any lights flashing or anything else weird happening like radio not working or heat?

Thanks can u send me the link to the YouTube vids

Top Bottom