This week I will be receiving the following:

Front and Rear 4.88 Yukon Gearing
ARB Rear Locker (35 Spline)
Nitro 35 Spline Shafts (rear)
ARB twin compressor w/ manifold
MORE compressor mount (under hood)
Switch-Pro SP-8100 unit with ARB compressor harness

So, my questions are:
1) What is the recommended mounting location for the manifold? Is it possible to mount on top of compressor? Show me your setup please. I will be using it for airing up as well so I would like the hose chuck to be in an easy to get to location.
2) Should I sleeve the air line to the rear locker with anything?
3) Recommended routing for rear air line along driver frame rail and across tub or passenger frame and down across rear track bar?
4) The manifold / compressor should not interfere with the switch pros unit as the SP mounts on the passenger side of the firewall. With the two harnesses, is this a simple plug and play install?
5) For those with experience, anything I'm missing or any tips?

Thanks in advance. Trying to get the compressor and switch pros installed over the weekend so I can drop it off at the local shop for gearing, locker, gussets and shaft install next week, so I would like this weekend's work to go as smoothly as possible.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
1.I mounted my manifold right in front of my compressor under the hood. No it is not possible to mount it on top without you doing major modification.

2. Nope.

3. I ran mine across the fire wall and down the passenger side. I'm probably going to run it down the driver side soon tho.

4. It should be a simple plug and play as I know the arb set up is wired to just plug the switches in and your good to go.

5. Seems you got it covered

Here is my set up with just the single rear locker
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455570342.069227.jpg .

Ddays

Hooked
I put all of mine under the passenger seat a couple weekends ago. Check out the last page of my build thread....

swampdog

1.I mounted my manifold right in front of my compressor under the hood. No it is not possible to mount it on top without you doing major modification.

2. Nope.

3. I ran mine across the fire wall and down the passenger side. I'm probably going to run it down the driver side soon tho.

4. It should be a simple plug and play as I know the arb set up is wired to just plug the switches in and your good to go.

5. Seems you got it covered

Here is my set up with just the single rear locker
View attachment 188174 .

You are aces man. Thanks so much for the quick response. This give me a little more confidence that I have everything teed up and ready to go.

Ddays

Hooked
Will do. Thanks man.

Forgot to mention - one of the reasons I put mine in the passenger compartment was I had to relocate my vacuum pump because of my bumper install. The pump went right
where the compressor mount goes.

A bonus feature is that it scares the living shit outta the person in the passenger seat when you turn it on! :cheesy:

swampdog

Forgot to mention - one of the reasons I put mine in the passenger compartment was I had to relocate my vacuum pump because of my bumper install. The pump went right
where the compressor mount goes.

A bonus feature is that it scares the living shit outta the person in the passenger seat when you turn it on! :cheesy:

I'll be going with the 1/4 pounder bumper and Vac relocate, any idea if that kit moves it to the brake master? If so, and vac relocates that won't interfere with this setup?

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
I'll be going with the 1/4 pounder bumper and evap relocate, any idea if that kit moves it to the brake master? If so, and evap relocates that won't interfere with this setup?

I can't speak for the 1/4 pounder but honestly you can fab your own mount and put it just about anywhere that is convenient. I have seen some that do locate the pump in the bumper area though

Coop

Caught the Bug
I put all of mine under the passenger seat a couple weekends ago. Check out the last page of my build thread....

Man, that is a great idea! Sorry about dissing the thread, swampdog but I've been struggling with the under hood location! Gotta find the build thread on that!

BLK HULK

Here's my Big white set up, in the rear. BLK HULK has the same set up. I ran the blue line but ran it through an airride tubing line for protection.

jorgelrod

Hooked
The breather on the solenoid. Was told rhats a drawback to mounting in cabin...

Yup, happened to me on my last wheeling trip, noticed the smell on the cabin, then I found the spray of diff fluid on the hardtop wall by the rear driver window...

Top Bottom