Silly noobs and their questions - Yet another bumper question

james2003w

Looking at doing a front bumper upgrade. Maybe I'm being picky?

I am wanting a steel bumper that mounts to the frame as it sits (no mods). Stinger, Lowered Winch mount, D-Rings, and Fogs. Mid to Stubby in size. Is there such a thing? I know Rugged Ridge makes the XHD Modular bumper, but from what I've seen on this community it doesn't seem to be a common brand for a bumper.

(Work seems to block majority of the Jeep pages... and I'm almost never on the computer at home).

WJCO

Meme King

I am wanting a steel bumper that mounts to the frame as it sits (no mods). Stinger, Lowered Winch mount, D-Rings, and Fogs. Mid to Stubby in size. Is there such a thing? I know Rugged Ridge makes the XHD Modular bumper, but from what I've seen on this community it doesn't seem to be a common brand for a bumper.

(Work seems to block majority of the Jeep pages... and I'm almost never on the computer at home).

I think Crawler Conceptz makes one.

FLKEYSJK

I'm going to end up getting the Evo 1/4 pounder with stinger and the only modifications you have to do are to chop off the "crash bar" which doesn't really do anything for protection and relocate the vacuum pump EDIT: it doesn't come with a place for fogs though

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I ran that bumper for 4 years and had no issues with it. It was a nice piece. I only got rid of it because I wanted a stinger and I didn't like the look of the stinger they offered for it.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455570494.077262.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455570519.139535.jpg .
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455570537.632872.jpg .

I think Crawler Conceptz makes one.

This^^^ just installed one and i love it. Beat on it pretty good a couple weeks ago. Tough ass bumper. Check out my build thread.

Edit: you can get the bar like i did or a true stinger.

Ddays

Hooked
I went with a FMF Apex Pinnacle. Not really a stinger though. Don't see too many out there. Very well made.

J3.jpg

james2003w

I'm going to end up getting the Evo 1/4 pounder with stinger and the only modifications you have to do are to chop off the "crash bar" which doesn't really do anything for protection and relocate the vacuum pump EDIT: it doesn't come with a place for fogs though
See, I would need a shop to do that for me. I don't trust the people that have the strength and tools to do it (they like to half-ass the work). I was going to do it in the driveway and this is why I want something I can just bolt on.

I ran that bumper for 4 years and had no issues with it. It was a nice piece. I only got rid of it because I wanted a stinger and I didn't like the look of the stinger they offered for it.
Other than not liking the stinger, how did you like it? What are you running now?

This^^^ just installed one and i love it. Beat on it pretty good a couple weeks ago. Tough ass bumper. Check out my build thread.

Edit: you can get the bar like i did or a true stinger.
I'm kinda with cozdude on the stinger part of it, however it might be well worth it as it's cheaper than the Double-X-Striker.

bsimon187

I have been running a JCR front stubby for a few years now. Meets all the criteria you are looking for as well. I have hit a few times pretty hard and it has held its own. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455572372.613629.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Other than not liking the stinger, how did you like it? What are you running now?

I'm kinda with cozdude on the stinger part of it, however it might be well worth it as it's cheaper than the Double-X-Striker.

I liked it and would still be running it if I didn't swap out for a Evo 1/4 pounder w/ stinger. Like I said I wanted a stinger finally after 4 years and that's the only reason I swapped. It was a great bumper as it took a few good hits, had fog lights, and sat the winch down pretty low. If I had to buy it again I would

NV375

LoD this is not the stinger version but they offer one and they have mid and shorty.

vlcsnap-2014-09-05-20h56m20s105.jpg

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Cutting the crash bar off is pretty easy. It can be done in your driveway.

Also I believe somebody has cut out the Hi lift jack lifting points on a EVO 1/4 pounder for fog lamp mounts but not 100% sure on that. Seems like I seen somebody running one on here that way. Once you add the stinger to the 1/4 pounder, the hi lift lifting points become useless. I was looking into this but the Power Plant is too large on the pass side. I dont know if any other winches would give you the ability to do it or not.

Top Bottom