Anyone running the Delta 3rd Brake Lug Light set up on stock wheels?

bonedaddy

I did a search, but didn't find what I was looking for... but I am looking into buying these:

110647-md.jpg

My question is according to the instructions it sounds like they pretty much sit in the lug whole and are held into place once the tire is secured to the mount? is this correct? The instructions are pretty vague, but it doesn't look like rocket science either... I thought that rubber grommet would hold them in place and the lip of the lug whole would sit in the grove of the grommet?

I was just curious before I ordered if they indeed fit in the lugs of my Willy's wheel...

Any help or picts would be great...

Thanks in advance - Donnie

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I was looking at that kit and seemed to me the lights would not fit as snug as I would have liked to. I went with the ORO light kit.

I do like that kit though.

Ddays

Hooked
I had these back when I was running a different carrier. They fit in the lug holes ok but not really all that tight. What pissed me off about these was that they would rotate.
There are 3 LED's in these lights and they are all in a row. When they rotated they would no longer line up. I know this sounds silly and it is, but I couldn't stand them
not being lined up in a row. Drove me friggin' nuts. I had to silicone them in place (This coming from a guy who has ALL the screws on his outlet covers in his entire house lined up so that they are all vertical. :crazyeyes:) I have a set if you want 'em.....

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I had these back when I was running a different carrier. They fit in the lug holes ok but not really all that tight. What pissed me off about these was that they would rotate.
There are 3 LED's in these lights and they are all in a row. When they rotated they would no longer line up. I know this sounds silly and it is, but I couldn't stand them
not being lined up in a row. Drove me friggin' nuts. I had to silicone them in place (This coming from a guy who has ALL the screws on his outlet covers in his entire house lined up so that they are all vertical. :crazyeyes:) I have a set if you want 'em.....

Fuck you are anal!:cheesy:

It would have bothered me too.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I bought these but never installed them cause they wouldn't work with my or fab carrier. Let me look for them and if I find them you can have them for cost of shipping

Ddays

Hooked
Fuck you are anal!:cheesy:

It would have bothered me too.

LOL! I thought I was fucking nuts until I got into an argument with my neighbor over whether they should be vertical or horizontal! :cheesy:
I turn a few screws on his switch covers to mess with him when I go over!

my_jk

I'm running aftermarket rims and had to shave the sides down to get a better fit. Don't see why they would not work in the willys rims with a little modification. They pretty much just sit in the lug holes. I'll post a photo later tonight so you can see. Overall I love the look and brightness of these.

Dirt Foot

I run these lights and love them. Here are a few shots. Some are a little older. Just be careful how much you trim the base of the light. My fit perfect and don't spin because they are tight. I also have them zip tied before the connection in the back. I recommend them for sure.

Attachments

• 1455750561308.jpg
    1455750561308.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 1455750639348.jpg
    1455750639348.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 77
  • 1455750688955.jpg
    1455750688955.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 77

bonedaddy

Honestly that would drive me nutz as well, and same way with the switch plates...

But yeah Coz, if you find them just let me know what the shippings going to be... FL 34609

Much appreciated...

But yeah I was wondering if people were having issues with them and if they sat tight or not... guess it depends on the carrier behind it...

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Honestly that would drive me nutz as well, and same way with the switch plates...

But yeah Coz, if you find them just let me know what the shippings going to be... FL 34609

Much appreciated...

But yeah I was wondering if people were having issues with them and if they sat tight or not... guess it depends on the carrier behind it...

Sounds good will do. Will write myself a note to look tomorrow

bonedaddy

I run these lights and love them. Here are a few shots. Some are a little older. Just be careful how much you trim the base of the light. My fit perfect and don't spin because they are tight. I also have them zip tied before the connection in the back. I recommend them for sure.

looks good, you using the stock carrier? that's great to hear they fit tight though... could I be so lucky... ;)

Last edited:
Not running the deltas, but I did install some red clearance marker lights. They look exactly the same as far as I can tell, but cost about $3 each.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I had them and they worked great. I never look at my brake lights when I am driving my jeep so I never noticed if they weren't lined up. :crazy eyes:

SDG

Caught the Bug
I run these... had to grind the plastic down a bit to fit the stock lug holes and they fit snug. When I went to slabs the fit was loose so I wrapped then in foam double sided tape and that fixed the problem. With a snug fit they do not rotate.

bonedaddy

Hey man, I just noticed you offered up a set as well, if either one of you guys find them and want to send them my way let me know...

I found a couple at Walmart, but they didn't fit and it didn't look like there was a lot of plastic to knock back to make them fit either...

Top Bottom